Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at drone footage the goodies on revamp has improved the look 100% it looked disgraceful prior.

*sigh*

Yeah that team only works if Sigurdsson's workrate is top drawer. It's got to be a counter attacking set-up.

Just as well he coveres more ground than any other Everton player.

And has covered more ground than any other player in the league in seasons gone by ;)

There are 3 options. All 3 are poor . But davies is no better then the other 2. He runs around a lot ya. But not always in.the right direction.

He gets involved and puts himself about. He’s not the best, none of our midfielders are, but give me someone who’s gonna get himself about on the pitch a bit get stuck in and at least pass the minimum expected requirements of putting the effort it in which is something Sigurdsson does not do. This game will be a testament to that. Just watch him.

That midfield against Kante. Good lord. That’s the worst midfield 2 I’ve ever seen line up for Everton.
It won't help when the Icelandic superstar hides either, you watch him, he does it a lot, more so when we have the ball for some reason.
Hopefully I'll eat my words later

Some u23’s in the squad
Like why not ?? Beningime instead of Scherderlin and sigurdsson 100% should not be captain 20 mins no touch!!
I’d put in Davies instead of this clown

Never ceases to amaze me how fans always want U23s in the squad. But they never want us to sign players from Leagues One and Two.

Just as well he coveres more ground than any other Everton player.

And has covered more ground than any other player in the league in seasons gone by ;)

It's got to be effective workrate. In that once we hit DCL long, he has to already be moving and pro-actively looking for the ball if DCL makes it stick. Because the plan has to be to get Sigurdsson coming on to the ball from deep and have Iwobi/Walcott and Richarlison making runs in behind on the counter.

If he just does his usual and jogs around to boost his stats up then we have no chance - Chelsea will eat that midfield set up and dominate the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.