Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the feeling when I saw how applied we were from the first minute.

...then I started to get that "other" feeling when they started to over-run the midfield, but the 1 tactical sub Ferguson was able to make was spot on.... (even though Davies came on and struggled to get up to pace)

Iwobi for me. Never stopped running and pressing. To be fair they were all at it though, no one choice would be wrong.

I like that Dunc sorted the problem of an isolated striker. Only took 5 managers to spot it. Made us a lot more threatening and gave us an edge.

Made up for a change. Looks like it could be Arteta, Cahill and Dunc as the new coaching managerial set up. Imagine that, team spirit would be out this world.

20191207_145742.jpg

I think the pundits saying that was all about fight and playing for the manager and putting it down purely to romanticism are being a bit unfair on Dunc here. Totally new formation, new way of playing, slipping into a different formation when out of possession, a smart press. Look at some of the stats ffs. I think there was a lot hard work put in by Dunc and the coaching staff and to say this was just all about passion from the players is a bit out of order tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.