Everton v Chelsea. 30th August at 17.30.

Who shall prevail?

• Everton!

Votes: 193 64.3%
  • Arsenal - cunningly disguised in Chelsea shirts !

Votes: 45 15.0%
  • Pipe down you beaut no one reads your [Poor language removed] previews anyway.

Votes: 62 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to the conclusion that Jags and Distin will improve greatly and once we sure up things at the back we are going to batter some teams. Fitness levels looked better today but we got done by a better team with a combination of clinical finishing, poor defending and bad luck.

Its a horrible defeat but I'm trying to think of the positives, Naismith being the obvious one. We haven't become a terrible team over the course of the summer and I think we're just in a mini slump, we'll be smashing teams all over Europe and in the league soon enough.

Fire away.

Great post that. People needs to calm down.

No matter which way one looks at it, whether the goals were great or poor they all count and we were on the receiving end. 3 -6 is a terrible result never mind what gloss one tries to smear it with.

Nobody envisaged a defeat like this.

chelsea will walk this league - they were just too good for us.

if jagielka doesn't play, we probably don't lose that game, one of the worst performances i've seen in an everton shirt.

there's still plenty of positives to take from this though, we're frightening going forward - real madrid would struggle to score 3 past this chelsea team. they'd conceded 9 goals all year, so we've scored a quarter of the amount of goals they've conceded in 9 months in one and a half hours.

eto'o just oozed class when he came on. stones has to start next game with distin, it's a tough decision to drop the captain, but it must be done, perhaps he just needs a rest but he'd started the season terribly and we've conceded 10 goals already this season and pretty much all the msitakes have come through the centre.

won't see much worse touches in an everton shirt than besic's either - chin up lad - it can only get better from here.
Is right

Was barry playing in the second half??,didnt hear his name once.
Is right

There are positives. Eto'o looked a class above ..good goal and the weighted pass to Lukaku was sublime. We will score a lot of goals against someone, and will recover the goal difference. Mirallas excellent. Lukaku not yet fit. For twenty minutes in the second half and a lot of the first half we looked the better team against the probable Champions. Naismith was still running a tackling hard at the end when a few(on both sides) were dead on their feet. Never seen John Terry look so knackered.
Is right

That was like a pre-season game in terms of defending.

McCarthy wasn't much better but he's doing the job of 2 men.

We need Stones and Besic (I know it was a howler) to come in for Jags and Barry.

However on the positives. Mirallas, Coleman, Naismith and McGeady were all excellent and Baines and Lukaku both had good games. There's not many teams that will score 3 against Chelsea and hit the woodwork twice.

That said. They could have scored double digits.
Is right

For me the past 3 games we have been crying out for fresh legs to come in midfield as barry and mcarthy have tired drastically. Yet they've played all 3 full games. Besic, mistake aside, should have come on earlier.
Is right

Barry and Jags dropped for the next match. ..Besic & Stones in...Eto in Lukaku bench...I've had enough of their [Poor language removed]. ..
Is right

Perhaps, though as players get older theres less that can be done about it. Whoever said Jagielka's performance reminded them of the Phil Neville Wigan FA cup fumage was spot on, he was appalling and needs to be dropped.
Is right

They were just saying on Merseyside about our home record defensively. 3 v City, 3 v Palace, 2 v Arsenal, 6 v Chelsea. Thats not good enough!
Nailed it ! Truly shocking stats !!
Is right

The most worrying thing is our defense is letting in goals that I could see anyone in the league scoring, you might be fooled into thinking it's because we've played Arsenal and Chelsea but they've done nothing special to score past us really.
Is right

Like i said before if Martinez doesn't drop Jags then i will truly be concerned , he looks off pace and maybe needs a rest
Is right

Micah Richards has been told he's going, he is only 26.
I would....
Is right

Stones and Distin had an understanding last season, which is what Martinez should go for against West Brom.
is right

That game provided graphic illustration of Jagielka's unsuitability to be the captain. He is not a leader...end of.
Is right

Added to all the above, Martinez left it far too late to bring on the second sub, and did he even use the third? Jags and Barry should have been yanked on about 60 minutes for Stones and Besic - awful man management to bring Besic on with three minutes to go when you're losing by two, there was nothing he could do at that point. McCarthy ran himself into the ground trying to cover for Barry, as did Distin trying to cover for Jags.

We were thrilling to watch going foward,I'm not that this appointed purely because I was so entertained,however what annoys me now is that we have 2 points aposed to 6,and already a gap is begging to emerge between us and the top teams.However atleast we have Arsenal and Chelsea out of the way,whereas United have 2 pointa after playing two relegation candidates and a mid-table side.

I'm gonna write off the league form anyway mate and just hope we win a trophy this year. I dont think we will get top 4, in fact we deffo won't with that defence. Like you though mate i actually enjoyed large chunks of that game. We done well to make a game of it considering we were 2-0 down after 4 minutes. Howard, Jags, Distin, Baines, McCarthy, Barry and Mcgeady need to be fined for that performance though!

Gonna sound melodramatic but we have a crisis imo, martinez needs to address the defence or it will be a long season imo

We'll be just fine. We absolutely dominated the first half. Just need to patch up a few things and we'll go again.

I also wouldn't start Barkley over Naismith right now. Incredible man

We look good going forward, however we've picked up just two points this season because we've somehow managed to concede 10 times.

We're several games in now and we're behind where we should be. The time for seeing the positives and getting into the groove has passed. After this break I want points. I'm not arsed how great we looked going forward today or what a great spectacle we put on for the neutral. The world just watched Chelsea beat us by 3 on our own turf. I'm not happy with that.

Sort it Roberto. This defence was fine last season. Teams will continue to take points from us if it carries on.

I've seen the likes of Carl Tiler, Craig Short, John Heitinga yet I think that was the worst indidividual performance I've seen from an Everton centre-half from Jagielka today.

Status
Not open for further replies.