Everton v Chelsea. 30th August at 17.30.

Who shall prevail?

• Everton!

Votes: 193 64.3%
  • Arsenal - cunningly disguised in Chelsea shirts !

Votes: 45 15.0%
  • Pipe down you beaut no one reads your [Poor language removed] previews anyway.

Votes: 62 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that is the worst defensive performance I've seen at Goodison. Jags and Distin look totally lost tbh. Needs to be sorted quickly.

Going forward, excellent. Besic has had a shocker but for what it's worth we weren't going to score 2 anyway.

I normally back Martinez to the hilt, but he needs to come out and hold his hands up today - not that I thought it was his fault, just that the preparation had been poor. Our back 2 were in shambles today, and Barry was knackered after 70 minutes. To say we scored 3 against Chelsea, it's actually hard to see any positives from that.

So good going forward but cb's are just shambles, need to get a young quick cb like nastasic or chiriches in, jags is too slow to play in a high line so he just opts for the offside trap whenever possible, sorry but gotta drop the captain for stones, look what happened to vermaelen for example.
We just get better and better going forward though, love watching us attack whatever the score, but annoyed at the matic and ramires goals, everytime we got back in it, we just let them walk on to us and you could tell macca was knackered so I still can't get my head around why besic can't come on earlier and help tighten us up around the edge of the box like when they just had so much time

they do want to get rid of Nastasic as well

I don't think we're going to be the team we're hoping to be under Roberto, he just can't grasp the defensive side to the game, no matter how you look at it Wigan were the same, great to watch sometimes but in his last 2 seasons they suffered some huge defeats and our defence is now looking scarey
Don't agree with that, we'll be boss. Just iron out the creases.

I can't believe how Naismith has won everyone over, superb again today and seems to slot every chance away. First name on the team sheet for me these days.

Won't be putting any if our defenders in my fantasy team tbh, we'll concede a lot of goals, but we look boss up front. Forget this one, if we lose to West Brom then let's worry, I've a feeling we might batter them.

Behave TJ

You would of had a brace today against our lot.

the match ended 6-3, gutted we lost of course, the game was, if we're being honest over after 2 mins, but doesn't stop it being one hell of a match, pretty sure neutrals would have loved it.

the premier league has started off tamely, but at least we've provided it with some bloody entertainment, scored 7, conceded 10, when all the other teams spunking money left right and centre are playing out drab 0-0's and 1-0's

welcome to Europa league 2014/15.This is exactly how lille Wolfsburg and that Russian rubbish will play at our place .tons of bodies behind the ball and rip us apart on the break. You can't say today is a surprise we have looked like getting done every time we have lost the ball this season.

The most worrying thing is our defense is letting in goals that I could see anyone in the league scoring, you might be fooled into thinking it's because we've played Arsenal and Chelsea but they've done nothing special to score past us really.

Status
Not open for further replies.