Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We must have been called offside about 10 times against Burnley yesterday, but as I was behind the Park end goal, I couldn't tell if they were well off, or marginal, or not offside at all.
The lino and referee were calling it straight away, no waiting to see what developed.
Was it that obviously offside?
Referee has just played on in the Man U game and then called it afterwards, just curious to know why.

We must have been called offside about 10 times against Burnley yesterday, but as I was behind the Park end goal, I couldn't tell if they were well off, or marginal, or not offside at all.
The lino and referee were calling it straight away, no waiting to see what developed.
Was it that obviously offside?
Referee has just played on in the Man U game and then called it afterwards, just curious to know why.
Because our donkey players are miles offside. Although there was one in the first half. Think it was Doucoure that was very very close but his flag was straight up.

I've just watched the game through as I couldn't get a stream yesterday.

Another flawless performance by Branthwaite. The first half was a bit flat until DCL scored what was by no means a fluke goal. Apart from him scoring a similar goal against MU, you could see that he had noticed the Burnley keeper taking chances with playing out and was waiting for the right opportunity to strike. Apart from that he had his best game for months and has regained his confidence. For that reason DCL is my Mom.

People are saying McNeil is looking tired, but he certainly looked full of energy today.

It looked to me like the only way Burnley were going to score would be from an OG.
How we didn't get a penalty from either the foul on Beto or on Garner in the box is another mystery.