• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor @arbok has come out swinging failed to land a single punch

10/10 for effort
1/10 for execution

LOL.

if i have a bit of criticism it is that i suspected and jamie carragher was right bout this that we'd probably turn on Rafael pretty quick if things weren't working.

I've been happy with what I saw for the first three games, and we were bad for 30 mins, but I thought the rest was alright.

I voted Townsend - that was a goal of the season contender, but doucoure was a monster last night would have won it any other night. Townsend has a very underrated first touch which created that assist for the first goal.

And to the mod who dug up my townsend post - yes i was wrong!

I am delighted with the fact that we weren't soft last night. Burnley tried to bully us and we smashed them. Awful grocks with Mee, Tarkowski and Barnes the standout filth. Sean Dyche sad growling after the game was the icing on the cake. I really hope those go down this season. I bet no one will notice the lack of them.
As happy as I am, I am also worried that we missed the first half again and conceded first. A better team than Southampton or Burnley will surely punish us.

I am delighted with the fact that we weren't soft last night. Burnley tried to bully us and we smashed them. Awful grocks with Mee, Tarkowski and Barnes the standout filth. Sean Dyche sad growling after the game was the icing on the cake. I really hope those go down this season. I bet no one will notice the lack of them.
As happy as I am, I am also worried that we missed the first half again and conceded first. A better team than Southampton or Burnley will surely punish us.

Thought Mina handled the physical aspect very well, my man of the match, need someone to give it back in these matches which he did droves.

I couldn’t disagree more - players of his age need to play competitive games, and if there is the chance to with him this season for us we should 100% do it. Whether or not he is ready is something we’ll only ever find out on the pitch.
So you’d take a chance on a young player who hasn’t played one minute in the premier league to find out if he’s good enough over a seasoned International who has plenty of experience in the premier league, well maybe Mr. Benitez will agree with you, maybe not!!

I'm just curious if people reckon that Dominic would have slotted the one on one that Gray despatched
Who knows but i think he would have

The question should be whether Dom’s first touch would have been good enough to give him the time to set up the finish

Dom tends to mess up the ‘easy’ chances when he has very little time to think about the shot with his feet and has to react quickly

You can see with the pens he is a very accurate shooter so if he has time he would probably slot it in

Last edited:
More than happy to pick up all three points after a bit of a dodgy start. Coming back to win the way we did during the second half showed we have a bit of character and fight about us that was maybe missing in the past. But I still can't shake the feeling I have before all our games, that we are going to lose.

I gave Abdoulaye Doucouré my MotM since he seemed to be everywhere during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.