Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, according to Hinchcliffe, Burnley should have scored from a header by Wood (to score a header you actually have to hit the ball with your head), from a shot by Brownbill (you don't score by passing the ball straight to the keeper) and should have had a penalty (no, me neither). He really doesn't like us does he.
Like many former players he's desperate for us to fail, because if we were to win something he'd be out of a job.

Hopefully this will be a repeat of the Southampton game when we came out in the second half and looked a different team.

Not sure where the idea for a back 3 cam from but it never suits our players which ever manager tries it. I'd take a CB off, probably Kean, and either bring on Rondon and go 442 or Gbamin/Gomes and go 433. I hope we can get a win out of this and the managers decision to leave James off the bench doesn't backfire on him.

Same issues we’ve had for ages. Our defence can’t play through a press, midfield giving the ball away, a lack of intensity, no creativity on the ball or movement off it. Slow, passive.

Seen this game a hundred times. We lose 0-1, 80th minute.

Sterile, is my word for that first half.

Always a battle against Burnley, they just suck the life out of games and bring you down to their limited level.
If you could smoosh this Burnley team into a single big lump, it’d look just like this:

5A0DAB44-53B6-447D-AF82-F62E12E6F466.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.