Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an absolutely brilliant first half performance yesterday.
Reminded me of the 80's in a lot of ways. We played with pace and power and skill and fight and enthusiasm, with menace, tenacity, spirit and a determination I haven't seen for years. A full Goodison would have been rocking.

Fantastic result but Pickford will destroy moral. We will go a goal down due to one of his mistakes and won't recover in that particular game or mentally

By the way, can someone vault me for my DCL predictions 2-3 years ago? It's nice to be so right sometimes.
What did you say mate
I was totally wrong about him, just couldn't see it.
Then I sensed something was there once Carlo arrived, he seemed to Love DCL. It wasn't anything DCL did that made me think he might turn out good, it was the faith Carlo showed.
Did you hear Carlo about him a few days ago, said something like 'I don't know if he's the best striker in England, but he's the best striker at Everton'

I'm dreaming I know but he reminds me of Shearer

Jimmy my man of the match obviously goals but he is not here just for the wage, the work ethic really is "phenomenal"...

Mina a close second, however, Brighton is one game the next league game will need the same performance if he does, then I will repent my sins...

Can't ignore Davies either, he evidently has been watching and learning from Allan. Also, can't ignore Awobi assists, very different player to Richarlson, as in not so physical and direct...

Potter has got Brighton playing good stuff, I was impressed. Just shows that average players can play if the manager has belief in them. They'll turn it around if these defeats don't suck the life out of them. Always got time for teams who play football even if they did get a bit dirty on James first half.

They had on shot and short arms flapped it in - get rid of him....
This short arms thing is a myth, Joey. I saw the pre-match player line up for the anthems in one of England's matches the other week, and I made a point
of checking it.

The tips of his fingers - allowing for his gloves -were about halfway between the top of his thighs and his knees.

I think the problem yesterday was that his gloves are too thick and he couldn't 'feel' the ball. The weather wouldn't have helped.

Im so happy for Sig and Wobes. They have have under achieved but they where big name players when they signed. Should be Good to call apon them when needed. Well hopefully.

I'm still a bit concerned at how we're conceding goals.. and of course Pickford's form. We can't keep relying on outscoring opponents and having to cover for goalkeeping errors. I thought we looked solid enough defensively yesterday but it's taking literally only moments of dropped concentration here and there and we invariably concede. I was pissed off that they got that second and it took a little bit of the shine off the win for me - GD can end up making a big difference for us this season.

I'm hoping Godfrey comes in and improves us defensively. I think, at the very least, we need those options at the back and with Holgate and Branthwaite returning from injury I'm just hoping that keeps them all on their toes.

All that being said.. how much longer can we tolerate Pickford's gaffes before action must be taken?

Agreed with everything until the Walcott bit. He did precisely the opposite of what you write: there was no effort, It was make-believe, ran around, lost the ball, no pressing - he was nearest to the goalscorer but stood off - a standard Walcott semi-detached game. Collect the wages. Check the pension plan. Get a nice massage on monday and 5-a side on Tuesday. Repeat till contract ends. The Walcott Way.

I agree with you!

When I typed it out it didn't read like that in my head.

Basically I was giving credit to everyone except Pickford and Walcott.

They seem to be the only two that have been getting minutes that haven't stepped up a gear.

I was irked by the second goal yesterday because of the sloppiness, first the easy giving away of possession, then letting Bissouma get the shot away.

Agreed with everything until the Walcott bit. He did precisely the opposite of what you write: there was no effort, It was make-believe, ran around, lost the ball, no pressing - he was nearest to the goalscorer but stood off - a standard Walcott semi-detached game. Collect the wages. Check the pension plan. Get a nice massage on monday and 5-a side on Tuesday. Repeat till contract ends. The Walcott Way.

Listless yesterday. Get him out of my club

Status
Not open for further replies.