Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see us losing this - most people have good line ups. I have an off the wall suggestion that if Richy only manages a half a game then give Nkounkou a run out in front of Digne. He and Gordon combine well together and might be a good idea late on if we are still looking for goals.

My unorthodox lineup if Richy's out:

Pickford

Coleman - Keane - Mina - Digne

Iwobi - Doucoure - Nkounkou

James - DCL - Gordon

Like this we have a rather fast left flank of Digne - Nkounkou - Gordon
And we have pretty decent right flank of Coleman Iwobi marshalled by James
And our mid of Doucoure and Nkounkou can probably provide good defense line above the back line .

Biggest test so far for me. One because i think they're actualy a good side. Two because we are now being seen as a good team and with that comes expectations. Something Everton have bottled for far to long. As soon as we are seen as favourites we've not delivered. But fingers crossed that was under previous managers and ancelotti has been there done it and has that side of it sorted.

It'll be a tough one tomorrow, especially with the forced changes.

Brighton have some very tidy players in attack, especially Trossard, and their centre-backs will be up for a scrap with Calvert-Lewin. Lamptey will give Digne something to think about, too.

Ultimately, though, it's the sort of game that you find a way to win if you're serious about challenging for Champions League football.
Yep if we want to get into Europe we need to win games like this injuries or not.

I went to Uni there and lived behind the Station, also lived on the Hove border and worked at 'Hills of Hove' department store which was I think the model for 'are you being served'. Showing my age there....

Born in Brighton. I've seen them play at 4 home grounds.
I only supported Everton because I liked Lineker in the cup final. Typical glory hunter.

Let's get Tom back in that midfield.

How we have missed those silky skills, 30 yard pinpoint passes, and vital goals.

:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.