Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think this will be our biggest test so far this season and will give us a good idea of how far we’ve improved.

I agree - because of injuries, momentum (can we keep it going?), and because it's a banana skin that Old Everton would have slipped up on - this is one of those winnable games we would have messed up in the past under RM and Marco Silva. (and we would have had a 0-0 borefest under RK and SA)

and of course Brighton are good!

Hope Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Davies or Delph really show something of their past and play well

with two of our DMs out injured, I think we will only have 2 for this game. 4-2-3-1 Doucs and Delph will manage it just fine.

My prediction
1234567890.jpg

I agree - because of injuries, momentum (can we keep it going?), and because it's a banana skin that Old Everton would have slipped up on - this is one of those winnable games we would have messed up in the past under RM and Marco Silva. (and we would have had a 0-0 borefest under RK and SA)

and of course Brighton are good!

Hope Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Davies or Delph really show something of their past and play well

That's the thing...either they prove they're still able to play at the level that's been set...or end up providing to everyone that they're not good enough.

That's the thing...either they prove they're still able to play at the level that's been set...or end up providing to everyone that they're not good enough.
This is it. The squad will be tested and if we genuinely want to get into Europe the fringe players have to do a job.

With the front 3 we have we should have enough quality to trouble Brighton.

Guessing this’ll be the team:

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Sigurdsson Delph Doucoure
James DCL Iwobi

I would much rather see Bernard in for Gylfi and Gordon in for Iwobi, but that’s how I reckon he’ll line them up.

Just seen the derby is Saturday 12:30 game, going off what Carlo said about James in that press conference I can see him being on the bench then for that

I lived in Brighton years. Have a soft spot for them. Still hope you get stuffed though. Lived near the Sussex pub in hove, fiveways, the level, good days they were. Just as Fatboy slim was starting residency in the Concorde.
I went to Uni there and lived behind the Station, also lived on the Hove border and worked at 'Hills of Hove' department store which was I think the model for 'are you being served'. Showing my age there....

Status
Not open for further replies.