Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully we have a deep squad, with lots of quality.

Whatever side we put out tomorrow will be a level above Brighton's, so the key is concentration.

Well at least Allan will be okay after the break . Some good news .
Carlo is right to be concerned about Brighton . Good football playing team . Going to be a good one for the neutrals . I hope Delph gives a good account for himself tomorrow . He has a lot of fans to win over .

Sounds like we'll have a few back for the derby.

Tomorrow is all about grinding out a result - will be by far our biggest result in the circumstances.

I just worry with so many out and having played midweek whilst they are at full strength/were rested that we'll be caught out here, dont think we'll lose but could see a 2-2 type result.

I personally would go:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Delph Doucoure
Bernard

Rodriguez DCL Richarlison

Switch Iwobi for Richarlison if he doesn't make it. Gordon, Siggurdsson & Davies off the bench to see the game out later on.

I'd like to see this as well, but certain Carlo will pick Gylfi over Bernard.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Delph
Doucoure Sigurdsson

James DCL Richarlison

Subs: Lossl, Nkounkou, Davies, Bernard, Kean, Walcott, Iwobi

Iwobi for Richarlison if he doesn't pass the late fitness test as I presume Gordon is still unwell.

Should be enough to beat Brighton. They've looked decent this season so far though. Our toughest test so far.

Drop from Allan to Delph will be big, but my bigger concern is that there is no way Delph can go the full 90. Which means Davies will probably be in as the DM for the last 20-30 minutes. I would be tempted to shift Doucoure back into Allan's position so that we have more legs in that role, but I don't think Carlo views him that way.

I bet that Richy passes fit and gives it a go, I don't think he will want to lose any momentum right now. If he cannot I hope that Carlo plugs in Gordon instead of Iwobi or Bernard. We need someone who has two eyes on the goal and I think only Gordon does amongst our non-Richy wingers.

It'll be a tough one tomorrow, especially with the forced changes.

Brighton have some very tidy players in attack, especially Trossard, and their centre-backs will be up for a scrap with Calvert-Lewin. Lamptey will give Digne something to think about, too.

Ultimately, though, it's the sort of game that you find a way to win if you're serious about challenging for Champions League football.

Status
Not open for further replies.