Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Against a very good Villa side, thought we did well tbf.

They tend to sit back for ten or fifteen, work out what the opposition are doing, then adjust, and in Kamara Luiz and McGinn have the personnel to move pretty fluidly between all sort of formations on and off the ball. But we did well to make it difficult for them to create and ultimately had the best chances of the game.

Going forward we looked very clunky though, and I would drop DCL for a game or two and see what happens.

Take a point, stops a losing streak and gives us a platform to look ahead.

Also: that was a proper Everton performance. Hard tackling, hard running, aggressive, bodies on the line effort. Feels good to have something resembling the team I fell in love with as a kid.
Agree with dropping DCL, he needs it. Having said that Beto was awful when he came on.

Was a good point

If I was asked before kickoff would I have been happy with 0-0 I’d have said yes. Now that it’s finished that way 0-0 is disappointing doucoure scoring all be it Offside but at lest he found the back of the net, shouldnt have mattered if the donkey wearing no9 could have slotted his chance 1st half the chance that some have you believe he never gets

A good defensive performance in a bad tempered game, ending with a few walking wounded. It was a toss up for mom between Branthwaite and Miko, but I've plumped for Branthwaite. Thinking on DCL's miss, we would be cheering Pickford if he'd made that save so :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.