Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are the worst footballing side in the league, the inability to do the basics is unbelievable for a PL team.

Good result terrible performance.

Been saying it for a while … the reason we have such little possession isn’t because we sit back and invite teams onto us.

It’s because our players cannot pass a football, control a football , run into space or know when to attempt a pass.

We give it back within 5-10 seconds after chasing the ball for about the previous 5 mins.

We are terrible

Myko MOTM for me. Branthwaite second.

Tarks got stuck in but was too rash a number of times I thought, which could have cost us.

Could tell it was Doucoure's first game back.
Tarks knew what he was doing. Make sure you get the ball cleanly and obviously but carry on through. Momentum of tackle confuses ref and takes the pundits view of intent out of the equation ;)

We so desperately need to work on our patterns of play. Dyche has got them fit, organised and determined, but without the ability to play any kind of football, we will be sucked into the relegation battle.

We can only score from set-pieces, pressing high or winning a second ball. In other words, something that relies as much on chance as anything. It is simply no way to succeed. He's got the basics on place now, so has to work on this or it will be to our detriment.

Don't know why I seem to be in the minority, or totally alone, amongst some of the comments. Considering we have escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth for the last few seasons and have no money to spend, I thought they done well today against 2nd place. Loads of effort, one excellent chance and a few others. Don't get me wrong, it's not 5* stuff but after the last couple of years, I think we are heading in the right direction. Not sure what others expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.