Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be worse. There was a 15-20 minute period were we couldn't keep the ball and every attack of theirs looked menacing. We withstood that and had chances of our own afterwards. If we up our game in the second half, might well nick it and take all three points.

After all, even the top teams win ugly sometimes.

Feel for Dom to be fair. Checked his run brilliantly and they weren’t catching him.

Just needs a scruffy one from a corner or something.
He has only to learn how to play football. Hitting a target of 7 m from 5 m out without hitting a guy lying in the middle is very very difficult.

….after 35mins I just wanted us to get to half-time all square, then we had the DCL miss. He never looked confident, I doubt any of us were confident he’d convert, actually think he should’ve had another touch but hey ho.

Whilst we can cause problems with the press, I just feel there’s an inevitability about them scoring. Well do really well to keep a clean sheet.

He didn’t. He gave the eyes, went for the other side and Martinez stuck out a leg. Frustrating but it’s everton. Dom can’t catch a break.

Horrible watching his demise since the injury.
Either side with pace and height and no goalie in the world would be able to stop it. Having said that i fully expected him to miss because he misses miles more than he scores, especially one on ones.

Absolutely dreadful in attack.

We’re outnumbered in the midfield so the full backs are tucked and and we’re giving up a lot of space wide. They keep firing their fullbacks forward and we are so poor in attack we can’t take advantage.

Just a bit of composure and the goals will follow. Not sure that’s coming however

Harrison-zero composure
DCL-zero composure, needs to score
Doucoure-looks understandably rusty
Danjuma-one trick pony, I’d never make an overlapping run for him as I know I’ll never get the ball

There’s not much on the bench. These guys need to play much, much better

If only we had someone like Watkins. DCL was miles ahead of him a few seasons ago and now a different story.
Inadequate strikers is what is causing this problem we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.