Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Barely a preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a gulf in class between the two teams, that I can accept. But our tempo was that of a preseason game which I can’t fathom. We didn’t one put them under pressure and get in their faces. The midfield of Gana, Onana and Doucoure is collectively the worst I’ve seen in my lifetime of watching us. Worrying times ahead. Previous managers have been kept on too long, but with a takeover forthcoming, Dyche will be still be here come what May for a while longer.

Is the result or performance against a decent side a cause for concern in isolation? No.

But when we’ve only picked up 1 point all season and only scored in one of our games, that performance was disgraceful.

No fight, no desire. Just a resignation of defeat from minute 1.
Just sat back and let them have the ball, should have got at them from the first minute and made them at least fight for the ball, we just let them have it and when we did have the ball we gave it back very easily.

We were crap today but the thing that has annoyed me the most is 4 minutes added time?? It's a disgrace, I'd bet the lowest added time all season and arsenal were constantly time wasting.

Not that it would have changed anything, we wouldn't have scored with another 90 mins added on but it's the principle of it. Refereeing was a disgrace today.

Well done to all the blues there today. Well done to the players. You carried your managers instructions out to the letter. We had a better team out there today than last season when we beat them. The manager and his tactics nowhere near good enough.

Today was a free hit. Made it hard for them, some of the lads put a shift in. The big games are coming up. Horrible to take though, atmosphere was awful. We should be and are better than this.
Sad isn’t it but everything’s just fed up now and drained from the last two years and all the insults and murder the board have put the fanbase through.

In regards to today they are a very good side. What really got on my tits was no one going to press Declan rice when he was constantly just walking around and easy for the short pass to get Arsenal going.

As previous poster as said six points from Luton and Bournemouth at home are not a given but they are massively required and the minimum. Tbh I would say 7 from the next 3 but I can’t see that sadly.

Sad isn’t it but everything’s just fed up now and drained from the last two years and all the insults and murder the board have put the fanbase through.

In regards to today they are a very good side. What really got on my tits was no one going to press Declan rice when he was constantly just walking around and easy for the short pass to get Arsenal going.

As previous poster as said six points from Luton and Bournemouth at home are not a given but they are massively required and the minimum. Tbh I would say 7 from the next 3 but I can’t see that sadly.

I agree mate, I didn't expect anything today and I saw positives but we need to start believing. If we don't get 6 from the next two home games I genuinely fear for our future. We will though.

As for the board stuff, I'm past even caring at the minute. I should but it's taking up too much energy. New stadium is looking like the pot of gold at the end of a long lonely tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.