Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Barely a preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're playing a team that blew the title in 3 consecutive games last season (and further compounded it by a 0-3 defeat by Brighton). Does anyone expect us to be able to go toe-to-toe with them today? If so - deluded! As the half went on, we came into the game more, and apart from the offside goal, pretty much kept them at bay. Some people need to take a reality check!

….Gary Neville probably summed it up when he said; “Everton are playing like they’re waiting to lose.”

We’re carrying zero threat, the only time we get forward is when we turn the ball over but with Arsenal’s quality that isn’t happening often.

0-0, I suppose we live in hope.
Pickford quiet though so if the plan was just to kill the game it is probably working. Arse had one shot

My problem with Onana is I can't tell what sort of player he is. What's his position? Style? Where is he most effective?

Hes got the tools to be a good player, but he just isn't there.

Onana has been playing deep like you wanted. Still been poor.

By comparison we know Doucoure is crap, but his game is high energy bursts and athleticism.

Gana is a ball winner and intercepter. A water carrier. Get it and give it to someone else.

Onana?

Status
Not open for further replies.