Match Thread Everton v Apollon Limassol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres obviously some very talented players in our squad. What there isnt seemingly is true chemistry and compatibility in a lot of the sides he starts with. Koeman doesnt seem to know his best 11 even prior to any tactical changes regards opponents. Its disturbing the way increasingly it seems his game Plan A is plainly not working twenty minutes into games resulting in changes in twos to the set up. The small mercy I guess is that he does make the changes early on compared to the ditherers. This clogged up midfield only serves to increase the pass ratio..most of which in that area go, at best, sideways. The receiving players dont have the 'luxury' of players around them moving off the ball sufficiently to create an outlet - though equally it would be great to see one of them receive the ball and actually turn with it and run to advance with purpose rather than the now default mode of passing it backwards straight after receiving it. Dreary, dreadful and if its not sorted out quickly, possibly the sword of Damocles for Koeman.

I'm not remotely surprised.

1985 aside, we have always been crap in Europe.

Sadly, the atmosphere at Goodison tonight was even more counterproductive than usual. We are like the 12th man... ....for the opposition.

Theres obviously some very talented players in our squad. What there isnt seemingly is true chemistry and compatibility in a lot of the sides he starts with. Koeman doesnt seem to know his best 11 even prior to any tactical changes regards opponents. Its disturbing the way increasingly it seems his game Plan A is plainly not working twenty minutes into games resulting in changes in twos to the set up. The small mercy I guess is that he does make the changes early on compared to the ditherers. This clogged up midfield only serves to increase the pass ratio..most of which in that area go, at best, sideways. The receiving players dont have the 'luxury' of players around them moving off the ball sufficiently to create an outlet - though equally it would be great to see one of them receive the ball and actually turn with it and run to advance with purpose rather than the now default mode of passing it backwards straight after receiving it. Dreary, dreadful and if its not sorted out quickly, possibly the sword of Damocles for Koeman.

How many times this season have we had to make a substitution or two at half time or just after. That to me is a massive indictment on the management of the team and the tactics proposed for the games. He clearly is not learning as he goes and it's the same insipid [Poor language removed] week in week out at the moment. I hate the thought of sacking a manager so early on in the season but all joy is being sucked out of this season at a momentous rate. Just get somebody in who can set a team up with players in correct positions and not shoe horning certain players in certain positions. I fear as with Martinez, Koemans pride will not allow him to make the necessary changes that are so badly needed.

Missed the game at the cinema but got it in record. Was the point deserved or were we crap?

Least the Lyon game was a draw - we needed that.

For the most part we were as bad as we've been all season. Things did improve a bit when DCL replaced Sandro, but even after we scored we didn't look much better than our opponents. The lack of pace in the team is frightening. To ask if we "deserved a point" against a Cypriot team (who had 10 men for the last few minutes) at home shows how low our expectations are.

The whole team clearly lacks direction and confidence.

For the most part we were as bad as we've been all season. Things did improve a bit when DCL replaced Sandro, but even after we scored we didn't look much better than our opponents. The lack of pace in the team is frightening. To ask if we "deserved a point" against a Cypriot team (who had 10 men for the last few minutes) at home shows how low our expectations are.

The whole team clearly lacks direction and confidence.

Sorry I meant deserved on their part as i were they any good. I'll give it a watch tomorrow; give me something to fume about on a Friday night.

I think we try outdo ourselves every game with some of our defending,1st needs nothing saying,good save by pickford on it though [nearly],2nd how that player gets inbetween our 2 players i dont know,,half the time we get away with some of our defending,the little passes around the back etc,ha and typical as well,seen the red card,left the room heard a noise via app thing to say a goal,and thought we had scored a 3rd to win with them having a red card,but no typical Everton lol-not surprised,as if it all went right something would be wrong with us,and that rarely happens-and to top it all,Lewin should score the winner with that header,which reminded me so much of when he should have scored winner at hull-the feeling of feeling annoyed in last mins-at least we are somehow only 1 point from 2nd,though its annoying,knowing we would be 2nd now

Status
Not open for further replies.