Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As excellent as our start to the season has been, the reality of how competitive the Premier League now is should be evident from the performance of Leicester today. While we're here congratulating ourselves on seeing off Crystal Palace, Leicester have just stuck 3 past Guardiola and co. It may or may not be enough to win, but I think it's fair to say that we're in a battle for 7th at best without further significant investment.

An injury or two to James and, say, Doucoure, and we're back to bang average faster than the time it takes for Rodriguez to flash a grin that melts our girly hearts.

Our first team - if it stayed fit all season - might well do better than 7th, but it won't stay fit all season. James and the other South Americans are off on international duty soon a few days before the derby. How many will come back jaded or injured?

All the ould talk that Seamus will do us fine at right-back or Holgate, Keane, and Mina will be grand at centre-half is best-case scenario stuff. We should be planning for the worst or all the giddy talk that we've all enjoyed will turn out to be just that, talk, when reality bites.

So, as far as I'm concerned, there's plenty for us to do yet in the market. This is where Brands earns his corn.
Stick spirit of the blues on your Spotify, enjoy the highs, ignore the negatives and enjoy your Sunday being joint top, works wonders these days...

In light of the new rules, brands has changed the criteria for our transfers...

20200927_184309.jpg

Kenny rumoured to be available for £10mil. Some nonsense about Coleman to west ham on sites via newsnow as well.

Hope someone comes in for Kenny. Cant imagine Coleman would want to play for West Ham and Moyes rather than stay
Coleman has had a great start to the season. His leaving makes zero sense on all levels.

As excellent as our start to the season has been, the reality of how competitive the Premier League now is should be evident from the performance of Leicester today. While we're here congratulating ourselves on seeing off Crystal Palace, Leicester have just stuck 3 past Guardiola and co. It may or may not be enough to win, but I think it's fair to say that we're in a battle for 7th at best without further significant investment.

An injury or two to James and, say, Doucoure, and we're back to bang average faster than the time it takes for Rodriguez to flash a grin that melts our girly hearts.

Our first team - if it stayed fit all season - might well do better than 7th, but it won't stay fit all season. James and the other South Americans are off on international duty soon a few days before the derby. How many will come back jaded or injured?

All the ould talk that Seamus will do us fine at right-back or Holgate, Keane, and Mina will be grand at centre-half is best-case scenario stuff. We should be planning for the worst or all the giddy talk that we've all enjoyed will turn out to be just that, talk, when reality bites.

So, as far as I'm concerned, there's plenty for us to do yet in the market. This is where Brands earns his corn.

First of all, are we “congratulating ourselves for seeing off Crystal Palace”, or are we congratulating ourselves for winning our opening 3 league games for the first time in god knows how long?

Secondly, what if Leicester get an injury or two to Vardy, Soyuncu, Ndidi or Maddison? Do they still have plenty to do in the market as well? Because without Vardy they are every single bit as bang average as us without James or Doucoure.

Zouma links resurfacing, we are apparently pushing hard to sign him and Chelsea want £40m

Didnt make the squad yesterday either.

Wouldnt make sense to me.

Surely with our defenders we would need to go for a superstar or potential superstar rather than Kurt Zouma.

Keane/Mina + Holgate/Zouma

Looks very good but none are really top top quality.

To be honest mate, I would be disappointed if we couldn't score at least three against, what is a fairly mediocre Man City team today. Their defence is horrendous, a real mess.

Bernard could be shoved in a targetman role and win the majority of duels against their centrebacks. What was the thinking signing only centrebacks that don't qualify for the height requirements for atleast half the rides in a theme park?

Status
Not open for further replies.