Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the distribution deal. I know a previous deal that Elkstone was involved in guaranteed us a certain amount but we couldn't exceed that no matter how many shirts we sold, we may have just got a small bonus.

But generally speaking, that's the sort of increased revenue streams you would need. Let's say we clear £50 worth of profit for each shirt sold. That's still 2 million shirts to give us that £100m. Or amount 1/10th of James Rodriguez followers on social media...

Maybe they have a plan after all?
We get like £2 per shirt sale. If that.

Mate we know you hate Gomes because he's now over 25 but that first season he looked like everything we wanted in a midfielder, he lacked goals yes but he dictated play carried the ball and just muscled passed people for fun. He was absolutely brilliant away at Anfield and only a poor header away from winning us the game. I see that's the only part of my post you've chose to pick up on too. Yes he needs consistency but playing next to Gylfi and Davies will kill any midfielder. I back him to improve hugely this season next to actual real life footballers
At times in that first season he was brilliant yes. At times last season he was too. But there are also times (lots of them) when he's awful. I think there's a bit of collective amnesia about that first season, if you look in his thread any time after January you'll see there were plenty of people questioning whether he was worth buying. He's a genuinely gifted footballer and if he can add consistency to his game he's not far off top drawer, but so far that consistency has been lacking. Good players might make him better but it's not an excuse for some frankly appalling performances at times last year - both before and after the injury. It's not Davies's fault when somebody walks past him on the centre circle like he's not there or he shanks a pass straight out for a throw in, however much people would like it to be.

Interesting

if this was a game of poker I would fold and see what happens

Precisely this. Once Jamo and Big Al are through the door, the perceived need for Doucoure is a lot less (not saying we don't need that type of player, but in general we've strengthened our CM overall, already); Watford can either hang on to see if anyone will pay more than we're willing to, or take what we're offering so they can strengthen.

I imagine/hope we can crack on with plans B, C, etc if they want to continue to cut their nose off to spite their face.

Mate we know you hate Gomes because he's now over 25 but that first season he looked like everything we wanted in a midfielder, he lacked goals yes but he dictated play carried the ball and just muscled passed people for fun. He was absolutely brilliant away at Anfield and only a poor header away from winning us the game. I see that's the only part of my post you've chose to pick up on too. Yes he needs consistency but playing next to Gylfi and Davies will kill any midfielder. I back him to improve hugely this season next to actual real life footballers

Is this the same @Zatara thats been waxing lyrical about 2 over 28 year olds we are on the cusp of signing?

could it be that he thinks that Gomes won’t ever recover to the level he was, and therefore is substandard if we get the players we are strongly linked to?

Precisely this. Once Jamo and Big Al are through the door, the perceived need for Doucoure is a lot less (not saying we don't need that type of player, but in general we've strengthened our CM overall, already); Watford can either hang on to see if anyone will pay more than we're willing to, or take what we're offering so they can strengthen.

I imagine/hope we can crack on with plans B, C, etc if they want to continue to cut their nose off to spite their face.
Exactly.. can you imagine him looking at Don Carlo signing two south american ballers and he's at preseason with Cleverly and Cathcart getting prepped for Boro at home next week. Boy be getting angry

Status
Not open for further replies.