Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
*dons fireproof vest*

Given the three of James, Allan & Doucoure all happen.. what would we think of this kind of lineup?

View attachment 98566

Allan would technically occupy the space right in between the CM's and CB's but I didn't have that option in the lineup builder!

Allan in the quarterback (regista) position?
should be able to hit the wide receivers (team mates) from there.

You seem to have replaced our top goalscorer with a bum and placed Allan into a position he's never played in his career

Definitely winning the title with that lineup
Then just swap Kean for DCL? I'm not especially precious about that.

Also read the post again - the idea is that Allan is supposed to occupy the space between the CM's and CB's but the graphic doesn't show that.

We have clearly not moved to the conventional DOF model. Brands does not run the club, in the way say Rangnick runs clubs at the RB franchise or many European clubs exert enormous control. How Brands feels about this, if he was promised something he hasn't got, if he's frustrted with it or alternatuvely if he's happy to go along with it for a decent package.

I think the appointment of Ancelotti has accelerated these changes, but it hasn't fundamentally caused them. Managers continue to have a big say in recruitment with the team, and it's partly whywe are in a mess, as each one fails their transfers compound problems.

The flip of it, is that if you are going to go all in on an individual, never mind a manager, Ancelotti is about as good as you can get, particularly for Everton. So I can see why that move has been made.

I make you right, we would seem to be operating almost a parallel recruitment drive. Ancelotti gets a lot of first teamers he wants, while Brands sorts the academy out and seeks out younger players. The initial concerns would be it looks eerily similar to the Koeman/Walsh arrangement. I prefer organisations to be working to a singular aim. That being said, the counter may be, Koeman and Walsh don't have the calibre, experience and ability to fulfil that plan, as say Brands/Ancelotti do. We will probably see this theory tested in coming weeks.

I'm not really a football hipster who only wants us signing under 24's. With the manager we have, he could get the best from experienced players, so it sort of makes sense. One thing for Ancelotti, is he seems more open to integrating younger players than Koeman did, and trying to improve them. That might be the hope of the club, that as we improve the quality of the first team, some of the names you've mentioned above come through, and we perhaps move some on for big fees.

Interesting times, and I still think this James thing has a bit to run yet.

But signing only under 24's (or something approximating to this strategy) is no longer a football hipster view but the prevailing strategy at the majority of successful European clubs.

But signing only under 24's (or something approximating to this strategy) is no longer a football hipster view but the prevailing strategy at the majority of successful European clubs.
You only have to look at Barcelona to see how holding on to ageing stars too long can go awry. However, I think we urgently need big game players now so we can improve and become a more attractive proposition. Once we’re pushing for top 6 then we can try to pick up the top young talent.

Then just swap Kean for DCL? I'm not especially precious about that.

Also read the post again - the idea is that Allan is supposed to occupy the space between the CM's and CB's but the graphic doesn't show that.

Fair enough about Allan

I find it bonkers though that people don't see DCL as an automatic choice and would even consider putting Kean into a starting 11

I understand it's fashionable to dislike certain players, but DCL outscored a number of 'elite' forwards last year in a team that finished 12th

Fair enough about Allan

I find it bonkers though that people don't see DCL as an automatic choice and would even consider putting Kean into a starting 11

I understand it's fashionable to dislike certain players, but DCL outscored a number of 'elite' forwards last year in a team that finished 12th
Don't dislike DCL at all, just think he and Kean would be interchangable in that 'role'. Feel Kean would benefit a lot in that particular side as it's more creative.

Carnage mate.
Came in like the storm off the Atlantic , D*ck Soloman & blueview swept away.
Then like a hurricane a Colombian God appeared.
Missed a big night mate.
Haha I’ve been able to track them to about 2am... but not seeing what would have got them booted...

looking at a wave of 3 Colombians And 3 Brazilians... too much excitement

Fair enough about Allan

DCL definitely starts for me at the minute. I still think he can improve his link up play and his finishing but he deffo causes problems when he’s on it.

Wonder if the James funds are a reinvestment of the Gabrielle moneys?

They do say dreams can come true

115319713.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.