Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Stones seems to be that not only has he not improved but gone backwards since he left for City.

When he was with us he looked like a top player in the making who had to learn when to play ball and when to defend. We all assumed that would come with time and experience but it just doesn't seem to have happened and even last season , when fit, he couldn't force his way to become a regular starter.

I can understand City buying Ake to deepen the squad, but if Koulibally is signed as well then Stones looks as if he has no future there.
I wouldn't argue with that and I can't put my finger on why specifically because he did start out well with them. Maybe it's the number of injuries he's had over the last couple of years. As a player he was still developing and injuries/not playing regularly can have a big negative impact.

My post was more about the people saying he was poor for us. We had him from the ages 19-21, extremely young for a defender playing at premier level, but even ignoring that he was still our best defender. He wasn't always perfect as we all know, but he had his head turned as a 21 year old and I think that turned the fans against him. After the semi final defeat the team effectively packed in and a 21 yo defender took the brunt of the criticism.

I give you Rooney vs United 2003/04, came on at 0-3 and absolutely terrorised them. Sold himself that day
Didn't go to that match mate so I can't comment. But it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Best player I ever saw in a blue shirt was Rooney. First time around of course.

He was never as good at United IMO. I reckon Ferguson coached the greatness out of him.

Attachments

• AD03EAFB-B630-403B-8F47-0062052FB091.jpeg
    AD03EAFB-B630-403B-8F47-0062052FB091.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 73
People have rewritten history on Stones.. he had some dicy moments, but was easily the best we had and covered his co centre backs often.. His ceiling is huge and should be playing week in and week out. I don't know where his head is anymore but he was worth every cent of the money City paid for him.

He struggled for double-figure goal contributions in almost every season bar 1.

When he was good he was very good, but he went AWOL, a lot.
I only watched him a handful of times and every time I seen him he was boss. However I don’t check stats or watch much footie apart from our own shower of crap so fair enough.

Still better than Bernard.

People have rewritten history on Stones.. he had some dicy moments, but was easily the best we had and covered his co centre backs often.. His ceiling is huge and should be playing week in and week out. I don't know where his head is anymore but he was worth every cent of the money City paid for him.
Nope, couldn’t defend his dinner and as proved at City not the ball player they thought they were getting

Status
Not open for further replies.