Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have really got to get over this thing about where we sign people from being what dictates whether it's a good signing or not.
For every example you give of a player signed from a club/league that's not worked, there'll be another one where it's been great.

So yep - we've signed some bad Top 6 rejects like Cleverley, Schneiderlin, Gibson, Delph, Walcott, Iwobi who've not worked out. But Howard, Neville, Kanchelskis, Lukaku were all good buys from big clubs who'd walk into this team.

Yep - we've signed some bad players from clubs lower in the table than us, like Sigurdsson, Williams, Bolasie. But then you could point to Gueye, Richarlison, Baines, Lescott, Jagielka who've come from that sort of club and been outstanding.

We've signed players from Barnsley (Stones, Holgate), Sheff Utd (DCL), Carlisle (Branthwaite) who look really promising - and we've had others plucked from lower league obscurity who've done nothing (Scott Spencer anyone?)

It's about the individual player, their qualities and what our management team and system of play can do with them. Utterly sick off people writing of signings/potential signings purely based on the team they currently play for. It's moronic.

People have really got to get over this thing about where we sign people from being what dictates whether it's a good signing or not.
For every example you give of a player signed from a club/league that's not worked, there'll be another one where it's been great.

So yep - we've signed some bad Top 6 rejects like Cleverley, Schneiderlin, Gibson, Delph, Walcott, Iwobi who've not worked out. But Howard, Neville, Kanchelskis, Lukaku were all good buys from big clubs who'd walk into this team.

Yep - we've signed some bad players from clubs lower in the table than us, like Sigurdsson, Williams, Bolasie. But then you could point to Gueye, Richarlison, Baines, Lescott, Jagielka who've come from that sort of club and been outstanding.

We've signed players from Barnsley (Stones, Holgate), Sheff Utd (DCL), Carlisle (Branthwaite) who look really promising - and we've had others plucked from lower league obscurity who've done nothing (Scott Spencer anyone?)

It's about the individual player, their qualities and what our management team and system of play can do with them. Utterly sick off people writing of signings/potential signings purely based on the team they currently play for. It's moronic.
Agreed, I think people look at the club we're buying from rather than the player some times.

Don't be coming on here talking sense... It won't wash, I tell you!

That is reason enough to bail on this one

I guess it could be be why he is being priced at 10 million. He has three years left on his contract. If United are seeking 10 million then it means they are eager to get rid.

United aren't in the habit of letting good players go on the cheap, and if he was in demand, then the market itself would be valuing him at far more than 10 million. There would be competition for his signature.

It reminds me of our bid for Delph. Reportedly, we made an opening bid of 8 million and were expecting it to be rejected and subject to negotiation, but City just said "Yes please" and got rid of him as soon as they possibly could because he was bad crap with a bad injury record.

This player is not in demand!

I guess it could be be why he is being priced at 10 million. He has three years left on his contract. If United are seeking 10 million then it means they are eager to get rid.

United aren't in the habit of letting good players go on the cheap, and if he was in demand, then the market itself would be valuing him at far more than 10 million. There would be competition for his signature.

It reminds me of our bid for Delph. Reportedly, we made an opening bid of 8 million and were expecting it to be rejected and subject to negotiation, but City just said "Yes please" and got rid of him as soon as they possibly could because he was bad crap with a bad injury record.

This player is not in demand!

Considering the story is from The Mirror, I doubt he's even in demand from us.

I agree with what you say and would throw Gareth Barry into the success column. However, it does irk when you have geniuses like Paul Scholes saying players are not good enough for Man Utd and should move to Everton.

Dalmot is different but there remains a perception issue, not helped by BBC articles and our generally poor performances. Ancelotti was supposed to be a step in the right direction so let’s hope this bares fruit.

I also think that in general whilst fees might be reasonable, wages will be high when buying ‘big 6’ rejects. So whilst it’s not a hard no, these are the type of transfers I worry about more.

Status
Not open for further replies.