Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be throwing my eggs in the Gomes basket but as a defensive player in midfield goes we have nobody we can rely on, Delph has missed more games through injury than Gomes whose ankle was doing backflips and Gbamin has had 2 horror injuries in less than 12 months. Our midfield was non existent because nobody put a tackle in and were all absolute slugs.
Both for me. Nobody put a tackle in but nobody did anything remotely impressive in an attacking sense either. The central midfielders got about 1 goal and 2 assists between the lot of them, we absolutely need more attacking impetus in there.

Would be a good option, can play on the wings and midfield. Atletico Madrid was a poor fit for him from the start.
Financially can't see it. They paid €60m for him, probably not keen on taking a massive loss on him yet
Nobody does well attacking wise at Atletico

While Esk talk a lot of sense never forget that Ancelotti met up Usmanov of all people before signing.... Just a coincidence to meet Farhads mate? I doubt it.

Perfect loan to buy option - he stunk place out last year they're never getting their 60m back.

Yeah I would take Lemar on a loan with option to buy (with the option being much, much less than what they paid). The issue is that he is not a 442 winger - that has been one of his major issues at Atletico. He needs to play in a formation that only requires him to be involved in the attack. I'd be skeptical that he would fit in Carlo's style, who at least wants to defend 442 part of the time.

Lemar cost Atletico 63m two years ago, and he's not got a single goal or assist this season.

I've no idea if he's good but this screams mega fee and huge risk

Status
Not open for further replies.