Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to hang out for players who have several options rather than identifying someone who will definitely come here, getting it all signed off before anyone else is even that involved. Southampton and Leicester have done this in recent days. Identify find out if they want to come then bid, mixing it with CL clubs will only end one way. I'd rather have someone who wanted to be here then hang out for some of these glamour yet flatter to deceive signings.

Attachments

• z26105864Q.jpg
    z26105864Q.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 81

We seem to hang out for players who have several options rather than identifying someone who will definitely come here, getting it all signed off before anyone else is even that involved. Southampton and Leicester have done this in recent days. Identify find out if they want to come then bid, mixing it with CL clubs will only end one way. I'd rather have someone who wanted to be here then hang out for some of these glamour yet flatter to deceive signings.

So your suggestion is to only try and buy players that nobody else is interested in?

A very bold move.

Everton: Hi would you be interested in joining us?
Player: Yeah possibly, what are you aims and ambitions?
Everton: OMG well we've got this amazing new waterfront stadium in the works, amazing fans, we're building and aiming for regular European football and cup wins blah blah blah
Player: wow that sounds amazing! What sort of wages could you offer me?
Everton: ....
Player: ?
Agent: Hello Everton are you there? My client is really interested but since you contacted us 6 months a go several other clubs are also interested
Player: EvErToN?!?!?!
Everton: Hello we shall send you a delegation to talk more.
Agent: Okay great looking forward to it, but we want to move quickly.

1 month later

Any other top 6 team: Alright pal, want to join us? European football, £100k a week, regular first team football and cup wins.
Player: Sure!

4 months later

Everton: Hello we can offer you £45k per week, is this satisfactory?

Sky Sports News Transfer YELLOW banner klaxon!!!

Player chooses top 6 team

Everton sign Harry Winks

Everton: Hi would you be interested in joining us?
Player: Yeah possibly, what are you aims and ambitions?
Everton: OMG well we've got this amazing new waterfront stadium in the works, amazing fans, we're building and aiming for regular European football and cup wins blah blah blah
Player: wow that sounds amazing! What sort of wages could you offer me?
Player: ?
Agent: Hello Everton are you there? My client is really interested but since you contacted us 6 months a go several other clubs are also interested
Player: EvErToN?!?!?!
Everton: Hello we shall send you a delegation to talk more.
Agent: Okay great looking forward to it, but we want to move quickly.

1 month later

Any other top 6 team: Alright pal, want to join us? European football, £100k a week, regular first team football and cup wins.
Player: Sure!

4 months later

Everton: Hello we can offer you £45k per week, is this satisfactory?

Sky Sports News Transfer YELLOW banner klaxon!!!

Player chooses top 6 team

Everton sign Harry Winks
Harry winks would be our best midfielder by several thousand light years. Sad but true.

And by the sounds of it we rejected Tobido, but he refuses to listen.

Ah well, only 2 months to go before the window slams shut.
Rumour is Barcelona have left 794 messages on the Everton answerphone saying “he’s a great young talent” and “don’t judge him on his time at Schalke” but Everton are still dodging their calls

Status
Not open for further replies.