Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general a lot of our fans are nuts.

Marcel Brands signs fringe players from CL clubs for huge fees and big wages....Is that what we’re paying you for??

Marcel Brands allegedly wants good, proven PL players who still have the potential to step up there game in a better team (Zaha, Hoilberg, King). Players who are available at a good fee due to contract situations. Is that what we’re paying you for??
What would the plan be? Also the board still hasn’t met for the transfer summit that Ancelotti said would happen this week. All the rumors to this point are pure crap with no actual backing to them

Striker isn’t a priority position for us apparently yet a mid table Arsenal have Aubameyang who finishes everything and we have DCL who chokes 75% of his chances.

What would DCL have done with that Auba chance yesterday? I can tell you he’d not have even been able to fake zouma let alone get a ping off.

I think you will find striker is a priority unless we are just going to play Richarlison upfront on his own.

Striker isn’t a priority position for us apparently yet a mid table Arsenal have Aubameyang who finishes everything and we have DCL who chokes 75% of his chances.

What would DCL have done with that Auba chance yesterday? I can tell you he’d not have even been able to fake zouma let alone get a ping off.

I think you will find striker is a priority unless we are just going to play Richarlison upfront on his own.
Midfield is priority. How is that even in question? We don't have one.

There's plenty of opinions on here. Can anyone name a left footed left winger and a right footed right winger who would fit into Carlo's 4-4-2?

Not a wide forward, or an inverted winger. We're talking old fashioned 7s and 11s. Starting position from deep, ability to beat the fullback on the outside and get a cross into the box?

That's who they are going to be after. It's why Walcott played when fit, he's the only one on the books who ticks those boxes.
Walcott can run straight lines. No real skill in beating his man other than for pure pace and also doesn’t have a worthwhile crossing ability. The classic winger was too one dimensional not providing enough goal scoring threat of their own and with modern fullbacks the role of getting down the line and crossing is already filled.

We need more players in the team that are able to take their man on but we already spend too much time in the wide channels but that will get better by adding new CMs and replacing DCL for Kean.

The main need in our team is dynamism providing options in attacking approach. Anyway of achieving that is a good addition

Id say midfield is awful aside from Gordon (potential) and even if we had a top forward our midfield wouldnt get the ball to him.

Also a partner for holgate and a right back.

Bring those in and our forwards get more chances

I agree DCL shouldn’t be more than an impact sub but with Richy Kean and Simms we have the most promising young strikers from Brazil Italy and England respectively. Goals need to be added from the rest of our team though specifically from the CMs and wingers

There's plenty of opinions on here. Can anyone name a left footed left winger and a right footed right winger who would fit into Carlo's 4-4-2?

Not a wide forward, or an inverted winger. We're talking old fashioned 7s and 11s. Starting position from deep, ability to beat the fullback on the outside and get a cross into the box?

That's who they are going to be after. It's why Walcott played when fit, he's the only one on the books who ticks those boxes.
McNeil would be my choice on the left, and then maybe Brooks on the right. Another who I always think looks decent is Harry Wilson, but I can't say that I've seen a lot of him.

Definitely need to get two natural wide midfielders if the plan is to stick with 4-4-2.

...I don’t see Walcott as the conventional winger you describe. Yes, he’s right footed and right sided but he tends to be quite direct and looks to get in the opposition box. He can hit the touchline and cross the ball but I wouldn’t say that’s his stock move.
Who's to say that Carlo will play 442 every game?

I think he'll mix it up and we need players who are flexible.

Every position has to be a priority, only Digne and Richarlison are at the required level.

I still think Kean will prove to be a great singing for us. Needs starts on the pitch.
I also agree seen as he’s had two starts since jan and scored in both games, but if we bring the likes of Ancelotti in you’d think we want to get up that table and compete quickly , the truth is when other mid table teams have strikers that make and finish their own chances and we have what we have then we are very much fighting a losing battle.

I would be ok if Rich is the main man upfront along With Kean. But would prefer to see Richy off to the wing and get a proper striker. Kean isn’t ready yet to be the main man and I share your opinion on DCL.

Richy as a striker has come on and I’m ok if that’s the plan.. but then we need two wingers

Id say midfield is awful aside from Gordon (potential) and even if we had a top forward our midfield wouldnt get the ball to him.

Also a partner for holgate and a right back.

Bring those in and our forwards get more chances
Holgate has Mina with Branthwaite and Gibson looking promising so would say he has a partner if not he will.

RB we either sell JJK or stick with him but I think he will be another DCL/Davies caliber player so selling high should be looked into.

ST will be fine the flat out truth is Kean needs more games plain and simple.

CM is the only true must sign area of the team and I’d reckon we’d need sign 2

Status
Not open for further replies.