Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll keep one of Siggy and Snides and based on the fact that Snides appears to be a functioning footballer he just pips Siggy who as far as i can make out is a barely functioning human being.
While it may be an unpopular opinion, I personally feel that Schneiderlin should be retained in the short-term because in reality he still fulfils his desired role.

Yes he can be inconsistent and there's concerns about his overall attitude, but he was bought as a defensive midfielder and he is still competent in this role.

Sigurosson was the better footballer and has provided more to the club, however he doesn't really fit into Ancelotti's tactics; he's also becoming slower by the day.

As you also said, Gbamin is someone I don't really think we should rely on because he's still an unknown quantity and that was even before his serious injury.

I suspect (hope) that the club will be looking at a central midfielder as the priority position, with a central defender and wide/forward player also being key.

I think the club will spend more on a small number of players rather than going for a broader approach, so I suspect we'll only get three or four quality additions.

Don't want Cantwell, flavour of the month, is he any better than Tom Davies???
If Tom Davies was playing for Norwich i reckon many on here would be wanting him.

The only comparison between Cantwell & Davies as players are they both have beautiful hair and have low socks.
Otherwise 2 completely different players who play in 2 completely different positions

Get Gabriel from Lille + ask Madrid for Militao £40mil...

Pickford
Militao Holgate Gabriel Digne

Thats a top 4 back 5 on paper.

You mean the guy that cost Madrid £45m and plays as a centre half primarily?

I reckon he's a better right back...

Also hasnt been in their side for ages...could be Zidane wants to punt him in which case i hope were first in the queue.

Or because he's played 90% of his games at CB and he isn't as good as Varane and Ramos?

Hes never a right back for Real but would make a brilliant right back for us.

In any case if there was a chance to get him then he can play RB + CB

RB Militao + 1RB
CB Militao + Holgate + Gabriel + Mina
LB Digne + Baines

No Sidibe and sell one of Coleman/Kenny + Keane

Outgoings perhaps £40mil...

Status
Not open for further replies.