Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like is a pretty big word there.

We do indeed need someone who can carry the ball like Barkley.

That doesn't mean we need Barkley (who jibbed us off anyway...), we need a player who can do Barkley stuff and much more. That would be nice.

I like the Hickey shout. Always good to have a new name to look out for.
Barkley is at his peak. He'd be dominant here now, whereas he's still overawed at Chelsea.

Hickey is a cert to be playing in the top flight of English football. 17 years of age and plays as cool as you like. Another - dare I say it - Hansen.

Yes, we also have him showing flashes for years here, slithering out of the club and failing to nail down a starting role at Chelsea. Well, that and his love of throwing chips around taxis.
But you worship a galoot who left and who throws canteen tables at physios.

Barkley scored so fair play but he should have passed it, Pedro was in much better position, hes just lucky it went in else he'd be getting slated for it....its bad decision after bad decision with him and he cant blame youth anymore. Pass

Barkley scored so fair play but he should have passed it, Pedro was in much better position, hes just lucky it went in else he'd be getting slated for it....its bad decision after bad decision with him and he cant blame youth anymore. Pass
Mason Mount should have minutes later. Giroud ready for a tap in.

Mason Mount should have minutes later. Giroud ready for a tap in.

this is true...I guess Mount can still blame youth while Barkley cant. Im not suggesting we buy Mount though either, a midfielder that more often than not makes the right pass or choice would be the preference. Shame we haven't got that Gilmour coming thro, he looks a player

Is there some connection here to Ross Barkley that I'm not seeing here, or is this a complete non-sequitur?
They both have, apparently, committed acts of harm on Everton.

Me, I'd rather have regard for a player who gave his all for Everton over a player who, when we were under relegation threat, made sure he left us down to 10 men on a regular basis.

They both have, apparently, committed acts of harm on Everton.

Me, I'd rather have regard for a player who gave his all for Everton over a player who, when we were under relegation threat, made sure he left us down to 10 men on a regular basis.

Is it a straight choice between a player who left 2 years ago and one who retired, by my count, 14 years ago or are there maybe other options out there?

Barkley had or maybe has all the attributes to be or have been a great player. But last night summoned him up. Great run with the ball and then a great shot. But then he had a few of these and always took the wrong decision. His feet are great but his brain seems to work a few seconds after his feet. Did it at Everton as well. He will do something great every now and again but the majority of the time he is a frustrating player.

Barkley had or maybe has all the attributes to be or have been a great player. But last night summoned him up. Great run with the ball and then a great shot. But then he had a few of these and always took the wrong decision. His feet are great but his brain seems to work a few seconds after his feet. Did it at Everton as well. He will do something great every now and again but the majority of the time he is a frustrating player.
It's true. However, that's due to pressure, and the expectation level on him at Chelsea wouldn't be there at Everton...where he was more consistent and less error-prone overall. He had a very good season under Martinez and one under Koeman. His inconsistency is overplayed.

It's true. However, that's due to pressure, and the expectation level on him at Chelsea wouldn't be there at Everton...where he was more consistent and less error-prone overall. He had a very good season under Martinez and one under Koeman. His inconsistency is overplayed.

You want us to be a big club again but don’t think a homegrown snake that left us would have the same pressure on him to perform? Pretty sure it’d be worse. You’re an odd one.

Status
Not open for further replies.