Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was absolutely buzzing we signed Kean that summer and he's already turned on him not even one season in. One of the biggest reactionary posters I've seen.

Ive seen enough of him this season to know he's not gonna make it in England.

You dont go from being subbed off after 5 minutes on the pitch to being a superstar sooner we cut our losses the better.

I mean if you expected him to light up the league in his first season he wouldn't be at Everton.

I wasnt expecting anything special hence why I was calling for us to sign an experienced CF alongside him.

He has however been utter garbage and shown nothing to suggest he can make it in England at this stage.

He may well prove me wrong long term and I hope he does - but the improvement would have to be massive and I cant see it myself.

I wasnt expecting anything special hence why I was calling for us to sign an experienced CF alongside him.

He has however been utter garbage and shown nothing to suggest he can make it in England at this stage.

He may well prove me wrong long term and I hope he does - but the improvement would have to be massive and I cant see it myself.

He needs a run in the side, but the 2 people ahead of him are playing some of the best football in the league, hence he sits on the bench.

You keep bangiing that drum and I don't agree, at all, with it.

Has Kean lit up the Premier League? No. Has he been a regular starter? No. He has to displace two players who are basically 1 in 2. He had an absolutely boss game against Newcastle then got put back on the bench.

The kid undoubtedly has talent. His application and attitude is going to determine how far he goes. It's completely up to him. To say he doesn't just shows a bias.

He needs a run in the side, but the 2 people ahead of him are playing some of the best football in the league, hence he sits on the bench.

I would personally send him out on loan if we had the funds for a CF to come in - but some on here lose their heads at the suggestion as apparently a loan move to the championship is beneath him - despite it ultimately doing wonders for a number of players including Kane, Abraham, Barkley etc.

He aint progressing getting 5-10 minutes here and there and he aint anywhere near good enough to trust to give him regular game time.

We knew he wasn't signing an older head, Brands already said he did not want to stunt DCL and Richarlison and Lookmans growth, 2/3 ain't bad and it's paying off because both of them have bagged over 10 goals.
We're basically training Kean to tap into his potential and hopefully when he becomes the talent everyone expects we ship him off for mega money which we then buy another prospect and hopefully keep the cycle repeating, You're thinking short term way too much because of Ancelotti, Yes we want to make strides with Ancelotti but it doesn't mean we can't put Brands plan into action at the same time.

I would personally send him out on loan - but some on here lose their heads at the suggestion as apparently a loan move to the championship is beneath him - despite it ultimately doing wonders for a number of players including Kane, Abraham, Barkley etc.

He aint progressing getting 5-10 minutes here and there and he aint anywhere near good enough to trust to give him regular game time.

We cant afford to send him out on loan tho, he's our back up Striker, unless you want Tosun and Sandro coming off the bench?

Yes "sign an experienced blah, blah, blah"

Im not trying to go all Esk, but we have a limited budget this window, we NEED at least 1 CM, we NEED a RW worthy of the name and truth be told we could do with a RB and a CB.

No money in the kitty to spend 50-60m on a bench warmer.

We knew he wasn't signing an older head, Brands already said he did not want to stunt DCL and Richarlison and Lookmans growth, 2/3 ain't bad and it's paying off because both of them have bagged over 10 goals.
We're basically training Kean to tap into his potential and hopefully when he becomes the talent everyone expects we ship him off for mega money which we then buy another prospect and hopefully keep the cycle repeating, You're thinking short term way too much because of Ancelotti, Yes we want to make strides with Ancelotti but it doesn't mean we can't put Brands plan into action at the same time.

Two things with that:

1. Often potential isn't always met so spending £27 million on potential is risky - hardly a £2 million punt on Holgate/Stones

2. You cant progress him giving him 5-10 minutes here and there. He only improves with regular game time and he aint getting that here unless Ancelotti is happy to inevitably play a weakened side with him in it and face dropping points.

Therefore if you want to keep him you have to loan him however we wont do that and like Davies his development will be stunted.

Two things with that:

1. Often potential isn't always met so spending £27 million on potential is risky - hardly a £2 million punt on Holgate/Stones

2. You cant progress him giving him 5-10 minutes here and there. He only improves with regular game time and he aint getting that here unless Ancelotti is happy to inevitably play a weakened side with him in it and face dropping points.

Therefore if you want to keep him you have to loan him however we wont do that and like Davies his development will be stunted.
The boy has went from Silva > Ferguson > Ancelotti while moving to a new country while also being affected by a pandemic, The lad is only 20! I'm not trying to make a million excuses and give him a free pass but I think he gets a bit more leeway than most this season. I've seen the good and the bad of Kean and if he can knuckle down we might have a top top player. Our forwards are the last thing to be worrying about imo, We've got 2 young lads who have smashed in 10 each and 1 with a lot of potential, Other areas are in desperate need of fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.