Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the physical presence Everton need in midfield, but not creative
I am not A big fan of stats (nor do I understand most of them) but the one stating his concentration is very weak would make him a doubt for me. Concentration in the prem is crucial due to the pace it is played at. Joseph Yobo was a very accomplished centre half, but he had a brain fart in him in every game, often in dangerous areas. My poor old ticker couldn’t handle another Yobo type.

I am not A big fan of stats (nor do I understand most of them) but the one stating his concentration is very weak would make him a doubt for me. Concentration in the prem is crucial due to the pace it is played at. Joseph Yobo was a very accomplished centre half, but he had a brain fart in him in every game, often in dangerous areas. My poor old ticker couldn’t handle another Yobo type.
Just seen in a later post that he is a midfielder, so ignore all the nonsense I have just spouted, I need more coffee!

You confused with Todibo mate?. McKennie is a young US midfielder. Not sure he's much of an upgrade on what we've got currently.
Not confused with anyone mate, I have as much knowledge of foreign players as your average bathmat! I just noticed he had very good defensive stats and assumed he was a centre half, then mentioned that having very weak concentration would make him a dodgy signing :) I never cross swords with the lads on here regarding foreign players, I only know of the likes of Messi etc. The less known ones are all a complete mystery to me.

Weston McKennie Characteristics
+ Strengths
Defensive contributionVery Strong
Aerial DuelsStrong
Blocking the ballStrong
Ball interceptionStrong
- Weaknesses
ConcentrationVery Weak
FinishingWeak
TacklingWeak

Weston McKennie's Style of Play
  • Indirect set-piece threat

Such a weird contrast of strengths and weaknesses.

Yank activated. McKennie is a very aggressive trackler in the middle, who Im pretty sure never pulled out of a tackle in his life. He has some major snide and major attitude, and gives it pretty good. Hes almost a box to box because hes eager to get forward(and Schalke have had him further forward at times), but doesnt have the finishing and creativity yet. Hes more of a midfield engine, with pace and aggressive tackling, hes eager to get forward but only scores and assists now and then.

If we want more goals out of the central midfield, hes unlikely to provide that. But if we are looking for just aggressive defensive cover thats what his specialty is. But that link sounds really made up and is basically "He wants to go to England, and here are two English teams that exist".

Love a good trackler

Status
Not open for further replies.