Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, bolasie what a terrible waste. His injury killed him off terribly but doesnt look like he's tried to reinvent himself either

Another leech on us

Tbf that injury has ruined him.

The only thing he had going for him was quick movement and pace and that dodgy knee now has even ended that.

Best hope is a daft club in the championship like a Middlesbrough or Stoke take a punt based on his name.

Don't get me wrong, his injury was absolutely dreadful and would have been a career ender had it happened 20-30 years ago. It also didn't help that our medical department tried to get him to run it off...

Having said that, he was a very poor signing right from the beginning. He was just a trickster, a fancy street footballer who probably hoodwinked our scouts on match of the day.

Sooner we can cut our losses, the better.

Don't get me wrong, his injury was absolutely dreadful and would have been a career ender had it happened 20-30 years ago. It also didn't help that our medical department tried to get him to run it off...

Having said that, he was a very poor signing right from the beginning. He was just a trickster, a fancy street footballer who probably hoodwinked our scouts on match of the day.

He was one of palaces best players before he came, people forget this.

He will be 31 this year, no one will pay any money for him. He will probably retire once his contract ends unless he drops down the leagues

sigh

Cant even get somebody to pay 3m for him.

Him, Sandro and Besic still have 18 months left on their contracts to bleed us dry. Another summer of scraping the barrel trying to find loans for them beckons.

He did have a goal and 4 assists in a bit more than a third of the season. I think he easily hits 15 goals and assists combined for the season. For a street footballer, that's more production than we've gotten since Pienaar came back from Spurs.

There were issues in his game no doubt, but he certainly added value. I actually think he was unfortunate. The right manager earlier in his career and he probably goes a bit further as he had very unrefined talent.

He did have a goal and 4 assists in a bit more than a third of the season. I think he easily hits 15 goals and assists combined for the season. For a street footballer, that's more production than we've gotten since Pienaar came back from Spurs.

There were issues in his game no doubt, but he certainly added value. I actually think he was unfortunate. The right manager earlier in his career and he probably goes a bit further as he had very unrefined talent.
It was painful to watch when Koeman tried to build gameplans around Bolasie and used him as a focal point. But as you say, there was some good pre injury. Just not 28m worth of good. Not even close.

It was painful to watch when Koeman tried to build gameplans around Bolasie and used him as a focal point. But as you say, there was some good pre injury. Just not 28m worth of good. Not even close.
He was too incomplete of a player. I just don't like people acting like he couldn't do anything. He had some really good qualities for the short lived time before his knee blew up.

No. There's no guarantee he's even a useful player at the end of next season. A 3 year deal and you risk getting nothing from 2 of them. It's not necessary.

Fair enough, we just need to target those players that are guaranteed to be a success then.

Status
Not open for further replies.