Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Besic’ Bolasie and Sandro all have contracts that expire in July 2021 don’t they? Could be wrong.

If that is the case all 3 will effectively leave permanently this summer.

Bolasie and Sandro will go on loan with the loaning club paying some of their wages. You’re right that we probably won’t get transfer fees for them, but their wages are too high and in their next contracts they’ll be lucky to get 25% of what they’re on here.

Besic’ has proven to be a decent player at championship level/squad player for bottom half PL club. He’ll either go permanently for a decent fee, or he’ll go on loan with they loaning club paying all his wage and a loan fee.

You’re right that it’s difficult for us to move our players on for good money. The problem is the contracts we gave out in summer 2016 and 2017 were a bit mental.

For Brands his Everton job so far has been like trying to put out a forest fire or turn an oil tanker around. It takes time but he’s making progress.
All three have contracts ending in 2021 as you say but in the next twelve months they will cost somewhere in the region of 13m-15 in wages.
In the current market I am not so sure we will find clubs to take them on loan.
There will be so many players looking for new clubs who will be prepared to play for far less than they would have expected just four months ago.
Our three can just sit on their contracts, which they are more or less doing for the last couple of years anyway.

All three have contracts ending in 2021 as you say but in the next twelve months they will cost somewhere in the region of 13m-15 in wages.
In the current market I am not so sure we will find clubs to take them on loan.
There will be so many players looking for new clubs who will be prepared to play for far less than they would have expected just four months ago.
Our three can just sit on their contracts, which they are more or less doing for the last couple of years anyway.

...but going on loan doesn’t necessarily mean a club covering all of their wage. i read Sporting pay Bolasie £160k per month (apparently half of his salary), whilst we pay the rest.

There is a small chance that one of these might move on a permanent deal even if it involves a significant drop in monies if a club is willing to offer them a 3 year deal with a decent signing fee.

...but going on loan doesn’t necessarily mean a club covering all of their wage. i read Sporting pay Bolasie £160k per month (apparently half of his salary), whilst we pay the rest.

There is a small chance that one of these might move on a permanent deal even if it involves a significant drop in monies if a club is willing to offer them a 3 year deal with a decent signing fee.
Eggs,
I think our best chance of players leaving is if they are offered the security of a longer term deal albeit on less money.
The game is in such a state at the moment that players could very easily price themselves out of work and any player approaching the end of a contract and also if they are heading towards their final big contract will be forced to consider everything on offer, which they certainly would not have done before.
I am sure Everton would also offer a sweetener for them to leave.

Eggs,
I think our best chance of players leaving is if they are offered the security of a longer term deal albeit on less money.
The game is in such a state at the moment that players could very easily price themselves out of work and any player approaching the end of a contract and also if they are heading towards their final big contract will be forced to consider everything on offer, which they certainly would not have done before.
I am sure Everton would also offer a sweetener for them to leave.

...age is a factor, so Bolasie is the most likely to go if offered a 2 or 3 year contract elsewhere.

I can see Besic being in demand regardless of the situation, so he‘ll more likely see his deal out and move on a Bosman.

Sandro is probably on more in a year than he could earn in 5 years elsewhere. I suspect we’ll have to put up with him for another season.

Sounds a bit like Sigurrdson.
I would look at mobility, speed, ground covered in a game,tackles made, the attributes that we need in a midfielder
He played CB for a season when he was 19. And had played DM and box to box. And also played left midfield in a 3. When AZ played 433.

I haven’t seen much of him, but have read a lot of good things, he got some rave reviews when AZ played Utd. Early this season. And has broken into the Dutch squad

I always felt the team was built around Lukaku, it was set up to help him score.
That was great for Lukaku but not for the team.
As you have said when it didn't work with Lukaku we had no plan B.
I think Lukaku was not the success at Utd that he and others thought he would be because the team was not specifically set up for him to score and he sometimes struggles in a team where he is expected to make his own goals.
Everyone always says this but i'd disagree completely. The team was set up for Lukaku to be the person who scored, in that we didn't have many other players who could do it, but it absolutely wasn't set up to get the best out of him. We never played with players who could play a defence splitting pass, and we never gave him a partner, which he quite clearly prefers. We asked him to do a load of donkey work in that team, and a lot of fans liked to focus on the fact he wasn't very good at it rather than on the fact he was bloody good if you just let him concentrate on his strengths.

Everyone always says this but i'd disagree completely. The team was set up for Lukaku to be the person who scored, in that we didn't have many other players who could do it, but it absolutely wasn't set up to get the best out of him. We never played with players who could play a defence splitting pass, and we never gave him a partner, which he quite clearly prefers. We asked him to do a load of donkey work in that team, and a lot of fans liked to focus on the fact he wasn't very good at it rather than on the fact he was bloody good if you just let him concentrate on his strengths.
Uhhh...Deulofeu had something like 11 assists of his 14 goals at one point. And had one of the best passes I can remember around 2 defenders which put Rom through.

Uhhh...Deulofeu had something like 11 assists of his 14 goals at one point. And had one of the best passes I can remember around 2 defenders which put Rom through.
But Deulofeu was playing wide. Lukaku would undoubtedly like a midfielder who could play balls through the middle for him to run onto, something we never really gave him. I'm not saying we never gave him chances, i'm saying I don't believe we ever actually set up in a way which you would say was going to get the best out of him.

Sounds a bit like Sigurrdson.
I would look at mobility, speed, ground covered in a game,tackles made, the attributes that we need in a midfielder
...from what I could see, very little Youtube on him other than taking penalties, so it’s difficult to gauge the type of player he is.
He played CB for a season when he was 19. And had played DM and box to box. And also played left midfield in a 3. When AZ played 433.

I haven’t seen much of him, but have read a lot of good things, he got some rave reviews when AZ played Utd. Early this season. And has broken into the Dutch squad

Plays a bit like Koeman imo

Status
Not open for further replies.