Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have identified 10 first team players who should be deemed surplus to requirements and that we should look to bring in a goalkeeper, centre back and right back before the window closes which should give us a really nice squad of around 25 players

the problem will be shifting those 10 players though.

lossl - preferably sold
Kenny - preferably sold
Delph - preferably sold
Banningme - preferably sold
Davies - preferably loaned
Besic - preferably sold
Walcott - preferably sold
Tosun- preferably sold
Sandro - rumour that we are cutting his contract anyway
Bolasie - preferably sold

I think Carlo will want iwobi and sigurdsson in the squad as they can play several positions and have experience and can be used in a rotational system quite easily. I think he will want to keep kean as back up for Calvert Lewin rather than loan him out. I think he will want to develop Gordon and Branthwaite rather than loan them out. I personally think he should loan Davies out because we are overloaded in central midfield and I think he could do with some experience on loan elsewhere but Carlo may see him as a useful first team player to be used occasionally in case there are any injuries. Ideally we would bring in a goalkeeper that could challenge Pickford for the number 1 jersey like romero and loan a centre back and or right back. Coleman should be our back up we need a proper right back and if 2 of our centre halves are injured at the same time we are screwed for cover. Tomori is not an option anymore so we need to look for alternatives.

Sold.

Youve read way too much into me asking why a release clause is relevant.

In spain for example they have to put a clause into every contract so the only low ones are those where the market has inflated enormously and a contract extension and increased clause hasnt been signed.

We could give an extension to a player and stick a £1bil clause in. Means nothing...club still has control of the fee they sell at, as usual.

The poster said Benfica needed to sell so the price wouldnt be too high. Hes a top player but a tank, not the quick defender needed.
Yes I know how the clauses in Spain and Italy work. But we come to my original point; that I doubt we could get him for less than £30 million and that we need to spend any money we do have in other areas really.

RB is a problem and we have no pacey wingers that are any good, and a poor GK. If we spend big on a CB this window, it would be a waste. We have Holgate, Keane (who has just been given a new deal) and Mina, plus Branthwaite. Yes we need cover, but it would seem an odd move. Plus, as good as he is, if he is lacking recovery pace, we shouldn't be looking at him.

I have identified 10 first team players who should be deemed surplus to requirements and that we should look to bring in a goalkeeper, centre back and right back before the window closes which should give us a really nice squad of around 25 players

the problem will be shifting those 10 players though.

lossl - preferably sold
Kenny - preferably sold
Delph - preferably sold
Banningme - preferably sold
Davies - preferably loaned
Besic - preferably sold
Walcott - preferably sold
Tosun- preferably sold
Sandro - rumour that we are cutting his contract anyway
Bolasie - preferably sold

I think Carlo will want iwobi and sigurdsson in the squad as they can play several positions and have experience and can be used in a rotational system quite easily. I think he will want to keep kean as back up for Calvert Lewin rather than loan him out. I think he will want to develop Gordon and Branthwaite rather than loan them out. I personally think he should loan Davies out because we are overloaded in central midfield and I think he could do with some experience on loan elsewhere but Carlo may see him as a useful first team player to be used occasionally in case there are any injuries. Ideally we would bring in a goalkeeper that could challenge Pickford for the number 1 jersey like romero and loan a centre back and or right back. Coleman should be our back up we need a proper right back and if 2 of our centre halves are injured at the same time we are screwed for cover. Tomori is not an option anymore so we need to look for alternatives.

I like your ambition and when I start my Career Mode on Fifa 21 I will be Transfer Listing these players, but with 10 days left in the window and hardly any interest in most of this lot I think we will be get the following;

lossl - loan
Kenny - keep
Delph - keep
Banningme - loan
Davies - loan
Besic - loan
Walcott - keep
Tosun- loan
Sandro - loan
Bolasie - loan

We have half of these players on big contracts and a few of them only have a year left so they will take a loan to another club with us paying part of the wages and then sign on with a lower leagued team next summer. This would still make our squad 24 players, but if we get a new CB and GK in, puts us at 26 players, a bit high, but maybe we will get a couple more out the door in January when clubs are desperate to get someone in and give them a lift

So what your saying is Coleman, who has been the best right back at the club since the premier league started, fought his way back from the most horrendous injury and got himself back to a performance level IMO one of the best defenders in the league this season, is not a a proper right back?

just wow
He can’t cross. If Carlos ambition is to get into Europe and try and challenge the elite for a champions league spot then yes he needs a proper right back not an average one.

Status
Not open for further replies.