Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romero?

Hmm, he's 33. I know it's not 'old' as he's a keeper, but it's 2-3 years really, and I don't think he'd be coming in to definitely be first choice (not that he needs to be, we just need a good option).

If he gets a 3-year deal, which is probably what he'd want (even if it's an option for a third) you're looking at £15/16m in wages. Add in a £10m fee and it's £25m for a half-decent 33-year-old GK.

8m a season, for somebody to really challenge Pickford? I would buy him twice.

As I say tho, I would be lying if I said I had watched much of him, few concerns regarding his knees as well I believe?

Im sure Brands will work his magic.

Bumped into someone I used to work with today. Big Everton fan. According to him we're after a highly rated centre back from Benfica - Ruben Diaz. Apparently they'll have to sell after spending big on players and then not making the proper rounds of the champions league.
I know nothing more!
Has a release clause of about €100 million euros - so doubt it. We need some CB cover/someone who can push their way into the starting line up, but if we were going to spend decent money on someone, I'd say pacey forward, RB and GK would take priority for me over CB to be honest.

Hopefully.
Then again James was taking a cut from what, £300k p/wk down to like, £160/170k (he's on a huge amount, I know that much).

Anyway, do think he'll be the one we go for. Transfer wise it'll be a busy few weeks for us.

Reckon it's two targets we're after - CB, goalkeeper. Then see a late push for a winger, but will have to ship others out, and possibly a RB if Kenny leaves, but think we're happy to leave that to whether a club bids for JJK.

Read numerous reports Rodriguez might even be on under £100k p/w

Romero?

Hmm, he's 33. I know it's not 'old' as he's a keeper, but it's 2-3 years really, and I don't think he'd be coming in to definitely be first choice (not that he needs to be, we just need a good option).

If he gets a 3-year deal, which is probably what he'd want (even if it's an option for a third) you're looking at £15/16m in wages. Add in a £10m fee and it's £25m for a half-decent 33-year-old GK.

United signed van der Sar when he was 35. How did that go?

United got him on a free 5 years ago since then he has played 7 times for United so I wouldnt be giving them 10m . Offer them 2 million and I bet they would snatch our hands as it would get 100k off there wage bill

Status
Not open for further replies.