Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even that’s a load of hoop to be honest, a corner tossed in the general direction of a defender’s massive loaf head counts as a chance created. We’ve been stung by the stats game before. The eye test beats all stats.
Also true, even big chances created is iffy cuz how do you define that?

But think both are better to go off than just assists

Jesus Christ the Echo really need to stop letting work experience kids run their blogs.

Or, more importantly, Mirror Group/Reach need to start paying an actual decent wage and offering their staff some incentive not to just repost any old crap to blogs.
The worst thing they do that is absolute criminal is "we signed Rodriguez/Allan/Doucoure on Football Manager/Fifa, Click here to see how they got on."
Really lads really now.

Even that’s a load of bumhole to be honest, a corner tossed in the general direction of a defender’s massive loaf head counts as a chance created. We’ve been stung by the stats game before. The eye test beats all stats.

All our midfield from last season have crap stats.

Seems pretty accurate to me.

It will be interesting to see which one if any from Gylfi, Gomes, Bernard, Iwobi and Walcott is able to capitalise on the extra options and quality that Allan, Rodriguez and Doucouré bring. Maybe only one of them starts, 2-3 on bench if/when all 3 new signings play but there is a chance there for the returning guys to really have a good season. Based on career data you'd think Gylfi or Walcott are best placed to see a big uptick from last season in goals, assists, chances created but it is probably better for us in terms of longer-term squad balance if it is one or more of Gomes, Iwobi or Bernard that thrives. I'm trying not to listen to the pessimistic whispering devil saying they'll all fail to step up :cool:

When we bought Bolasie the knock on him was that he was obviously a good player to the eye test (and he was pre-injury) his stats never showed that he could translate the pace and flicks into strong production of goals, assists and chances created. People argued that with better players around him that would improve. it didn't, though we can debate our quality at the time he did get to play with Lukaku.

Zaha is essentially the same conundrum at a slightly higher level and correspondingly higher fee. I am very wary of the argument that he will take a step in production terms just because he'd have James, Richy, DCL et al. It might happen but it is not automatic.

If we can get him in a player-exchange so it is sub £20m cash and wage neutral I'd think it could be a risk worth taking but frankly only if someone like Bailey on loan with an option to buy is not possible. I don't hate the idea I just struggle to see him improving us significantly. A little, maybe. A lot, no.

First stage: Rodriguez / Allan / Doucoure

Second stage: Tomori / Arias

Final stage: Zaha or CF dependent on outgoings

Thats how I see things progressing over these final weeks of the window - Arias signing soon for actual money would be hilarious based on Kirkbride's prediction today.

optimistic ..... what do you think of Brands performance

Thats how I see things progressing over these final weeks of the window - Arias signing soon for actual money would be hilarious based on Kirkbride's prediction today.

I actually think we loan Arias with an option to buy.

This will sound absolutely mad, but I wonder if we bring in a winger and a striker like Maxi Gomes if hes available on the cheap.

Then Walcott, Bolasie, Delph, Davies, Sigurdsson & Kenny all leave, with a couple of good loans for the young CBs.

How funny would it be though, if Brands swooped in and got Bale for about a 1/3 of his wage costs and a nominal fee?

Second stage is Tomori only. Think Arias or any other RB will be phase 3 until something happens with Kenny. Also dont forget LB cover and maybe a goaiie

sorry but stats are bull c look at how he plays teams have to put 2 men on him so he opens the game up in other ways when it comes to Walcott teams don’t even need to mark him how people would want him at the club is unreal for me the team would so benefit from him in the team

Agree - but stats aren't bull.

They can be used to back up or disprove or just generally compliment an opinion on a player or side or manager.

They obviously shouldn't be used as the only barometer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.