Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games will be screened on their Viaplay service, adding Norway to their existing portfolio of Denmark, Sweden and Finland, with the deal starting in 2022.
The six-year deal is reported to be worth more than £2billion over the six year period, which would represent a quarter of all overseas TV revenue in a move which adds to the lucrative riches on offer in the top flight.

The news comes after the Premier League solid rights for its games from 2019 to 2022 for £4.464billion in the UK before Amazon Prime Video snapped up a further package.
The Premier League is reportedly on course to break the £9billion mark for broadcast revenue from its next three-year TV deal once overseas deals are finalised with a 20%-30% increase in value expected.
Works out about £16-17M a season

Lad from Bristol City plays centre mid. Ashley Williams. Prospect.

Why on earth would we be after a lad deemed not good enough for Brighton less than 2 years ago? Clearly not good enough for where we want to go.
Maybe he has improved in the last 2 years. How many games did you watch him play for Brighton, and how many have you seen him play for Rangers.

I'm not saying he is good enough for us, it just seems a very strange way of deciding he isn't

You claimed he did no business tho.

Why cant people just say "I was wrong, sorry".
Because I was referring to making changes to the squad in a positive way, not kicking the can down the road which is what 90%+ of his moves in January have been.

*Edit* and I realize fully well it takes two to tango but don't make him out like he's not been poor addressing a massive need in the most recent window.

Because I was referring to making changes to the squad in a positive way, not kicking the can down the road which is what 90%+ of his moves in January have been.

*Edit* and I realize fully well it takes two to tango but don't make him out like he's not been poor addressing a massive need in the most recent window.

If thats what you meant then I indeed did think we needed a CB in the summer and also felt like we needed a spark to get us through till May, but Carlo said the market wasnt good for us.

IMO the CB gamble worked, we had to play Holgate and boy has he come through.

Lets see how we get on, im fully aware every defeat will have his thread getting bumped, but lets see.

But I wouldnt say hes been poor, no.

Walkers- Leicester
Newcastle brown- Newcastle
Coors- Chelsea
Norwich and Peterborough building society- Norwich
McLean’s lager-Blackburn
Sanderson- sheff wed
Draper tools - Southampton

Loads more, I even came across one the other day of a team being sponsored by pleasure island

Coors. Really. The beer from Denver Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.