Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its quite a simple equation to do...

If theres no fee involved then the transfer fee could be migrated to wages.

Signing Bale may well be cheaper then the Sigurdsson deal.

I think such a deal is the likeliest outcome as well. A loan arrangement, where a fee and wages are paid. I mean we agreed to pay 8million a season for Sigurdsson on transfers and maybe 8 on wages. If we can agree a package of £12million a season for Bale (wages and fee) it could be workable.

Scrap James. Bale on the left, Ramsey no.10, Gomes 8 and Richarlison on the right. Could go 3 up top when attacking, leaving space for a real defensive midfielder or put Bale or Richarlison up top and bring in Bernard as a 442. Sweeeet.

I just can’t imagine hearing the commentary “ Rodriguez ... to Ramsey... lovely ball out to bake ... beats one... beats two...crosses to LEWIN ... ohhhhh.... Everton really should have taken the lead there but they remain 0-0 At st Mary’s with 2 mins left to play

I think we are in a good position with a lot of deadwoods contracts up within 2 seasons, other clubs im not sure about.

Also looking from an economic perspective this situation wont last long. My prediction would be until October with things rocketing up after that.

Europe may take a bit longer but hedging risk should mitigate alot of damage caused.

My guess would be 2 players like the ones mentioned (i think James is a goer) with the rest being Gabriel types as Ancelotti builds a young team with a couple of superstar older heads.

I think our advantage in this coming storm is it seems;
1) We were not looking to a actively sell (as such assets will have lost value)
2) We were looking to move on assets that are unwanted.

On the latter point, if there is some weakening on the pound and a 30% drop on wages for the season, suddenly players become more attainable (not just in England but in Europe). Sigurdsson pay packet, may go from being say E160k p/w to maybe 90k-100k p/w. It's by no means certain, but there's more potential. If FFP is relaxed we may also be able to do a bit on the fees to clear them off the wage bill.

More broadly if our wages are reduced 30% that gives us a little room.

As for who he signs I do think it's possible to mix a broad strategy of signing younger players but also seeing value in older players. I think of players such as Nigel Martyn, Richard Gough etc who were exceptional for us under more experienced coaches. We even got good service out of Weir, Stubbs, Campbell, Carsley, Gasgoigne etc. In truth without that group of more experienced players, I think the club would have been relegated around the turn of last century.

The key is getting the right personalities in, and also have a manager who has the man management skill, and the tactical flexibility to utilise them. I mean, even if you think of Theo Walcott, he's a different player under Ancelotti as he was under Allardyce. So if he can get players such s Bale, of James singing then they would immediately become our best player. I mean if we got either at 80% of their peak, they'd be the best player we've had since Kanchelskis.

Keans just not suited to the Prem mate - he aint some academy kid he's scored goals at elite level for Juventus and the senior Italian National side - he'll be back in Italy in 18 months vault me on that.

Mina on his day can be very good but he is also prone to being caught out of position, clumsy and wastes so many chances from corners. He's not on the same level as say when we had Jags, Lescott & Distin in their prime.

Holgate & a top CB should be our main pairing next season imo.

Kean has gone from a completely different league at the age of 19 to being eased into our team. You can see that the performances at the beginning of the season were like a fish out water but at Newcastle he was motm or close to being the standout player.

If you saw him at Juve you can see he is immensely talented. He will be 3rd choice forward being given minutes next season and I would be surprised if he wasnt hitting some serious numbers in 2021.

Mina was easily the most consistent player for half of the season. I mean, that really is obvious to me unless im missing something.

Theres no doubt that we need someone like Gabriel to come in on the left and Holgate to be on the right of a centre back pairing. That doesnt mean that Mina isnt an exceptional option as rotation or if Ancelotti switches to 3 at the back sometimes.

Iwobi I thought would have done better this season, but he’s still young and has time to improve.
Delph was a experienced squad filler for a cheap fee.
Sidibe was a loan
Loss on a free
And Kean is 19, I’m sure half a dozen Italian clubs would give us our money back tomorrow to take him back to Italy

Bernard was a free and we will make money on him
Gomes for 22 mil was a bargain
And Mina, is still young for a CB, with figures getting banded around for the like of Ake 60mil, Tarkowski 40mil. Dunk 40mil
Paying what was it 28? For Mina is still a good deal

Overall, if market rates continue as they have been we would make a big profit on Brands' deals.

I think such a deal is the likeliest outcome as well. A loan arrangement, where a fee and wages are paid. I mean we agreed to pay 8million a season for Sigurdsson on transfers and maybe 8 on wages. If we can agree a package of £12million a season for Bale (wages and fee) it could be workable.

Yeah, i think alot of posters arent seeing that Ancelotti has a lot of pull and also that with transfer fees for Bale, James and Ramsey being on the low side the wages could come from the lack of transfer fee.

I think we will go for James, also one other player either Allan, one of the above or someone at that level and experience.

The rest of the signings i think will be u23 and Ancelotti will build a new young team with a couple of world class older heads.

I think our advantage in this coming storm is it seems;
1) We were not looking to a actively sell (as such assets will have lost value)
2) We were looking to move on assets that are unwanted.

On the latter point, if there is some weakening on the pound and a 30% drop on wages for the season, suddenly players become more attainable (not just in England but in Europe). Sigurdsson pay packet, may go from being say E160k p/w to maybe 90k-100k p/w. It's by no means certain, but there's more potential. If FFP is relaxed we may also be able to do a bit on the fees to clear them off the wage bill.

More broadly if our wages are reduced 30% that gives us a little room.

As for who he signs I do think it's possible to mix a broad strategy of signing younger players but also seeing value in older players. I think of players such as Nigel Martyn, Richard Gough etc who were exceptional for us under more experienced coaches. We even got good service out of Weir, Stubbs, Campbell, Carsley, Gasgoigne etc. In truth without that group of more experienced players, I think the club would have been relegated around the turn of last century.

The key is getting the right personalities in, and also have a manager who has the man management skill, and the tactical flexibility to utilise them. I mean, even if you think of Theo Walcott, he's a different player under Ancelotti as he was under Allardyce. So if he can get players such s Bale, of James singing then they would immediately become our best player. I mean if we got either at 80% of their peak, they'd be the best player we've had since Kanchelskis.

Pickford, Gomes, Mina and Digne are 25/26
Holgate, DCL, Richarlison are 22/23
We have Kean and Gordon 18/20

I think what we could do with is James + one more top notch starter with experience and then only focus on the other two younger age groups.

We need more Holgates and Richarlisons and less Schneiderlin, Walcott, Sigurdsons in terms of their attitudes.

Real asked for 30m each for James and Bale last time they tried to sell them.

They wont be free and we wont be paying them 900k a week to be injured.

They wont be asking £30mil now...

Why would they be injured?

Since 2010 30 games or more;
Bale: 8 out of 9 seasons
James: 8 out of 9 seasons

What you on about...

Im quoting facts.

Real Madrid and Bayern Munich play 60+ games a season, playing in 30 games a season means they miss 50% of games.

Gareth Bale, not injury prone and neither is James.

bale.jpg
james.jpg

Everton football club plays 38 league games + domestic cup games.

Would I like 2 world class players available fot 3/4+ of those games...yes, yes i would.

50% of games, for the other 50% we have Theo Walcott and Morgan Snides in the side.

Or we could sign somebody else who we could rely on for 100% of the games.

Theres no dispute, Bale and James are tier 1 players and if they could be relied upon I would pay any amount of money for them.

But both have huge injury records and neither has shown they have any hunger left anymore, I firmly believe we wont sign either of them and im ok with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.