Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Wilson better than Tosun & Niasse - Yes

Is Zaha better than Bernard, Iwobi & Walcott - Yes

Is Doucoure better than our current midfield options - yes

Is Danny Ings better than DCL & Kean at present - yes

Oh dear - just lay your hat down Chris and admit you've got this one wrong instead of constantly trying to fight the same fight time after time.

No ones suggesting spending £200 million on anything, rather that if the club signed ANY of those above players I'll be happy knowing we've improved on what we have.

In the meantime the druids will keep dreaming of us signing Messi & Koulibaly whilst chortling at any realistic suggestions whilst we have a squad full of trash currently getting game time regularly.

You wanted to spend £50m on Callum Wilson just to be a 3rd choice striker replacing for Tosun and Niasse????

I’m legitimately convinced the people shouting for Callejon is because he’s an 84 on fifa and nothing else

Oh dear - just lay your hat down Chris and admit you've got this one wrong instead of constantly trying to fight the same fight time after time.

No ones suggesting spending £200 million on anything, rather that if the club signed ANY of those above players I'll be happy knowing we've improved on what we have.

In the meantime the druids will keep dreaming of us signing Messi & Koulibaly whilst chortling at any realistic suggestions whilst we have a squad full of trash currently getting game time regularly.
I doubt we will be signing a striker this summer, unless we get a crazy offer for Richarlison or DCL. And ings & Wilson are both 28/29 with a history of injuries, there’s not a chance Brands would entertain going for them.

Zaha, while again he is better than what we have on the left at present, he’s not a true elite footballer. Which is what you should be getting when paying 70mil for 28yr old. And he has 3 goals this season.

And doucoure not even worth debating, bang average

literally no to everything you’ve said

But you want all those players? And all those players combined is probably £200m+? And whilst some might be considered an improvement at present they're not enough of an improvement to spend so much money on them whilst also being of an age where they'll never get any better than they currently are.

I wouldnt want us to sign all of them like - as you said together for the money spent it wouldn't be that big an increase in quality to justify the outlay however I would certainly take one or two at the right price.

The problem for us is that until we get back into Europe our options are rather limited- we either a. Offer CL quality players daft wages (which I dont think Brands will do) or b. Sign attainable players who whilst not massively better than what we have can come in and do a job rather than the squad we have now filled with players like Tosun, Davies, Coleman, Niasse, Martina, Schneiderlin who realistically offer us little to nothing and in some cases can be detrimental to us ie. Niasse.

People forget before Man City signed the likes of Silva, Toure & Aguero they had to sign players like Elano, Santa Cruz, Lescott, Adebayor- players who weren't great but good enough to push you into Europe that opens up the door for you to attract those 'next level' players.

I doubt we will be signing a striker this summer, unless we get a crazy offer for Richarlison or DCL. And ings & Wilson are both 28/29 with a history of injuries, there’s not a chance Brands would entertain going for them.

Zaha, while again he is better than what we have on the left at present, he’s not a true elite footballer. Which is what you should be getting when paying 70mil for 28yr old. And he has 3 goals this season.

And doucoure not even worth debating, bang average
Yep, thought exactly the same after Saturdays game.

I hope we keep them all out. English league for English players.

I've said it for years, I wish we could have capped the foreign players to like 3 per team. Money and foreign players have spoilt our league. People won't understand who have been born watching chelski and wengers French arsenal team. I grew up watching 90's football with limited foreign players it was brilliant. It was only towards the end of the 90's it started to go sour.

Status
Not open for further replies.