Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone has talked about it yet, but considering that many footballers will have been infected with the virus (with varying degrees of severity of course) - could we see this having an impact on the medicals during transfers? I heard coworkers talking about the potential long term effects on lung capacity so it just got me wondering!

Assuming the window even opens this Summer.
I don't think so. I'm not sure on all the medical stuff but generally speaking pneumonia doesn't do so much damage to the lungs to make a difference for these guys, and not everybody who gets it will even get it that bad.

A player needs to be supremely talented to be able to make an impact in the Premiership if they are barely over 5 feet tall.
Zola, David Silva although relatively speaking are not big men they are about 5' 7" which is substantially bigger than some of the names we are linked with.

I would love Carlo to bring in 2-3 senior but proper winners this summer.

Immobile
Cavani
Thiago Silva
Mertens
Rodriguez

2-3 of those would give us a much needed winning mentality.

Immobile = Failed at Dortmund and Sevilla. Could be a late bloomer but why would we pay the fee Lazio would want for a 30 year old?

Cavani = Could you really see him in the premier league? Doesnt he want to try Spain next?

Thiago Silva = 36 in september???

Mertens = Decent for a season on the right of a 3 pronged attack...but what really would be the point of offering the 2-3 year deal he wants if we play 442 ?

Hames = Ideal signing on the right...but needs to be a very low fee...

@ForeverBlue92 actually, having marinated on it...I wouldnt mind Thiago Silva.

We need 4 CBs and with Gabriel, Mina, Holgate and Silva its a good mix. He could also teach them a thing or two...plus always good to have another brazilian in the squad.

Will this corona virus crisis impact on the level of transfer fees this summer ?

I think clubs will be very cautious about sending large amounts of money until there is more certainty about the future.
Will Premiership footballers take a pay reduction to help their clubs ?... not at all sure they will.
Will TV money to clubs be reduced if the league can't be finished and will it reduced on a pro rata basis.. those at the top lose most.
Will sponsors want o reduce their payments to clubs as they are not getting any advertising exposure at the moment ?
All clubs are being hit with the lack of gate receipts... bigger clubs being hit harder.
How secure financially are the owners of football clubs, will some owners come under pressure and be forced to sell up or at least take in shareholders ?

Immobile = Failed at Dortmund and Sevilla. Could be a late bloomer but why would we pay the fee Lazio would want for a 30 year old?

Cavani = Could you really see him in the premier league? Doesnt he want to try Spain next?

Mertens = Decent for a season on the right of a 3 pronged attack...but what really would be the point of offering the 2-3 year deal he wants if we play 442 ?

I wouldn’t mind mertens, still looks like he’s performing at a good level. Would give us some experience upfront.

And give us a few options with moving Richarlison to the left at times.

Cavani would have been a great PL striker in his prime. But that isn't now...

I wouldn’t mind mertens, still looks like he’s performing at a good level. Would give us some experience upfront.

And give us a few options with moving Richarlison to the left at times.
But Mertens is better out wide and Richarlison is not a winger, he has said himself he wants to play upfront not out wide

Status
Not open for further replies.