Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have to sell snow to Eskimos before we can buy, Everton that.

Brands needs to speak to that lot across the park and ask them how they do it, the one thing they do that you have to take your hat off for.

‘koff Everton
They are in a way better position commercially than us.
They spend loads, but they generate even more income to cover it.

Ancelotti should not have been brought in on £11m+ p/a when the club only has the means to be a mid-lower club.

A humongous waste of money.

Don't want to say I told you so but I said back before even the restart we'd be skint this Summer.
The club is not skint.
We just don't have room in the accounts - under the Premier League rules on Short Term Cost Control and Sustainability to go throwing money around like we did under Koeman, Walsh and Fat Sam.

The club is not skint.
We just don't have room in the accounts - under the Premier League rules on Short Term Cost Control and Sustainability to go throwing money around like we did under Koeman, Walsh and Fat Sam.

Spot on think STCC was changed though

Our wage bill cannot go higher, we are losing money already and with our income due to drop for the next financial year (Covid), it is vital we get players off the books, why anyone is surprised by this is beyond me?
We will sign players no doubt, but we need to get 5-10 players of the wage bill easy before we start adding more, we have a load of players on high wages who we don't want and who no one else wants, (or will not give them anywhere near the wages we have given them).
We are in a poor situation and one that is not easily solved, patience and really good management is needed over the next few years, smart buys for the right prices are vital.

Ancelotti should not have been brought in on £11m+ p/a when the club only has the means to be a mid-lower club.

A humongous waste of money.
He was an opportunity we literally couldn’t say no to and a huge coup at that. He was also brought in to squeeze the most out of a failing squad whilst we chip away and sell off what we can and use his nous to help us bring in the right players to replace them.

At this point with this squad an untried budget manager would relegate us and that isn’t a hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.