Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valencia fire sale...who could we get?

Their young Korean midfielder Lee Kang-in is very highly rated. Maxi Gomez would also be a great option up top.

I'd imagine Tonali and Zakaria are both out of range price was. I'm also not all the way sold on Tonali yet. Everyone seems to rate that Sangare lad yet no one moves for him but I still wouldn't mind if we did. Locatelli was mentioned in an article on the Athletic and it isn't the first time that I've heard he's kicked on since leaving Milan so that is another.

Point being other good players at better prices and better ages are out there to be found. We don't have to do Allan.

Tonali linked with Inter and Juve (now pirlo in charge) for €35mil. So yeah weve got very little chance to get him now aside from Ancelotti being here and him having coached Tonalis idols.

But fee wise its very cheap for him

Zakaria my guess is a similar fee. Guimaraes a bit less as they can turn a quick profit.

But if were offering €25mil for Allan + €5mil on clauses then im surprised weve not moved on those 3 for a little more.

@Neiler makes a good point that Ancelotti rubbished the links to all players in jan (when allan was linked).

Also hes said he wants players who he will make into stars...not current stars...or something.

So from media it sounds almost like a done deal but it could all just be smoke.

This was the window we really needed to attack from the very start. Brands is hanging on until late in the window to try and make moves.

Get him out.
None of us know the actual financial position The club is in and the implications post COVID. We do know we posted record losses and have limitations with FFP.
I wish we had made signings already, but not at any price. That’s what got us in this mess in the first place.
Besides which, a lot of transfers will be on hold with European football still going on. No doubt we’re trying to sign players that will really improve us, but that will much smaller and more difficult market. We have to convince players to chose us over teams with European football. It’s not impossible, but will require patience.
It can all still all go wrong of course because it’s harder for us as a result of our own situation.

None of us know the actual financial position The club is in and the implications post COVID. We do know we posted record losses and have limitations with FFP.
I wish we had made signings already, but not at any price. That’s what got us in this mess in the first place.
Besides which, a lot of transfers will be on hold with European football still going on. No doubt we’re trying to sign players that will really improve us, but that will much smaller and more difficult market. We have to convince players to chose us over teams with European football. It’s not impossible, but will require patience.
It can all still all go wrong of course because it’s harder for us as a result of our own situation.

I agree.

As far as Brands goes, and the general management of the club over the last couple of years, I blame him and others for putting us in this state. Last summer has turned out to be an almost complete write-off.

The important thing now is not to pile mistake upon mistake.

I'd much prefer signings to be made as soon as possible so they can integrate. But if we get the right ones, then having to wait is the much lesser evil.

It will have to be a quite remarkable turnaround though, and with the bar being that high, and the circumstances this difficult, I'm not sure they are up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.