Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was about 19 and just won the PL2 and the World Cup with England. We signed Martina as back up to Coleman so why not play Kenny as back up instead? What more as a youth player do you need to do to get a game?
He did get games though. Whatever the intention had been, the reality was that Martina played left back most of the time and Kenny started 23 games. Any more than that and people would be moaning that we'd given him burnout by asking too much of him. There's very little middle ground with our young players; some people write anyone not as good as Rooney off and other people make every excuse under the sun for why they're not performing. Kenny - in my opinion - is a just about adequate PL player, but if he's our right back this season I think we have a problem as we desperately need more pace and physicality in the side, and he has less of it than the bloke he'd be replacing.

I’m not gonna pretend I watched a [Poor language removed] load of bundesliga but I saw Kenny a few times and I thought he looked good, definitely worth a place in the squad

Same. There seems to be a mad rush to slate him; surely that is what the loan system is good for? To send a player low in confidence/ability/opportunity out, improve him and bring him back into the fold?

Funny how many have advocated sending Tom Davies out on loan to build his confidence, but don't want to give JJK the chance.

Overall agree with this but honestly think we need 2 CM (with 1 or 2 of our current crop getting moved on). It’s so obviously our weakest area and though the idea of Allan is amazing, we probably need an understudy. I’m back on the Koopmeiners train, that rumour was pretty exciting imo

not seen anything on Koopmeiners for about 3 weeks, we were linked with a £12m deal, but his agent was interviewed and seemed to be hawking him round clubs in Italy, not sure if we have a genuine interest in him or its just the dutch connection with Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.