Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked Kenny for England youth teams...there were games where he was outstanding both defensively and attacking wise putting in brilliant crosses and full of energy.

I also didnt think he did much wrong when he played in our first team.

Seemed to do really well for Schalke and highly praised over the season. He and Todibo i believe were their top players jan onwards...

Watching him after the restart he looked absolutely awful though. I remember @Eggs being turned off Todibo in the Dortmund match and each and every one of the Schalke players seemed to have downed tools. Perhaps thats a collective situation and we should ignore those games as the players dont seem to have been well prepared. Todibo looked a shadow compared to normal so perhaps the same with Kenny...

Kenny has the spirit and heart and would give everything and also captained youth sides before.

My guess is if we dont sign a RB then Ancelotti will continue with the RB tactic of coming inside as a 3rd centre back when we have the ball + Digne allowed to push up the pitch. Kenny used to play centre back in the youth teams ages ago so a bit of a Gary Neville in that sense.

If we ignore the games after restart then perhaps Kenny may morph into another Holgate/DCL level player.

Would be amazing for both us and him...

I remember watching the U21s, as they were called then, at Newcastle and kenny played CB aged 16 and looked a different level to anyone else on the pitch.

I don't think Kenny is a bad player. He's a Premier League standard full back, but personally I don't think he has the dynamism required to be the level we would want. Having said that, if money is going to be tight I think centre mid and right wing have to be the immediate priorities. Right back maybe comes 3rd on the list.

At least give Kenny a chance in pre season so carlo can make a judgement. If he's not up to it he will go late in window and we can get a replacement.

....it might not be that straightforward, I wouldn’t be surprised if Kenny has made it known he wants a move. I suspect he’d only consider coming back if he’s given assurances about being first choice next season. Also, Brands and Ancelotti might not want him.

Personally, I think he lacks the physicality we desperately need across the back four. He’s another player with no power of recovery, when the opposition go past him he’s out of the game. I’ve watched him lots, I like the lad and I have no doubts about his attitude, but I just don’t think he’s what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.