Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much everybody has "played" football though.

Well yeah everyone has played in the schoolyard, but I mean playing consistently in a team.

There were always kids at school who would watch the football and liked to talk about it for the social side, but they never played and didnt really 'understand' it fully in the same way.

Nothing wrong with that like they're still entitled to their opinion, I just recon its easy to tell the difference usually

Rose has 1yr left on his contract and has just turned 30. Supposedly available for £5mill.

I think he would be a great cheap option as backup for Digne for a year or two until Nkounkou is ready.

I don't think this is a good move and I quite like Danny Rose as a player.

Rose will want to play and he wouldn't be 1st choice. That's the 1st issue.

The 2nd is that it would be quite expensive. 5M fee plus a 4-5M per year 3 or 4 year deal. Talking approx 20M investment on a player who'll be a squad player. Even if he stays a year or 2 you are saying goodbye to the vast majority of that 20M investment for very little return

Should be looking for a promising player in the 18-23 age bracket. Someone who could step in but won't necessarily immediately want to be 1st choice. Someone who will be cheap wage wise, so even if the fee invested was 10-12M would not be too expensive and would have some re-sale value.

I reckon this is the summer where I finally pack in any hope that we’ll do anything in the near future. I already feel completely unarsed about the upcoming season, but starting the first game with Gylfi Sigurdsson and Jordan Pickford in the starting XI will officially kill off any lingering passion for me.
You won't get your wish with Pickford. Of that I'm pretty sure.

The transfer window does run into mid-October though, so you never know. The season starts mid-September.

Rose has 1yr left on his contract and has just turned 30. Supposedly available for £5mill.

I think he would be a great cheap option as backup for Digne for a year or two until Nkounkou is ready.
Rose wants a permanent move to Newcastle, if that doesn’t happen he’ll see out his Spurs deal in the stiffs.

He ain’t going anywhere else.

Vault me.

Status
Not open for further replies.