Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina should be kept - decent player, good character, young and a threat in opposition box.

gabriel should be in addition and to create competition for places - raise performance.

look what happened this season. Injuries and were playing kids.

I don't think we necessarily have to sell a CB if we bring one in - a year loan for Branthwaite could be the best play long term. I wouldn't mind seeing Holgate as a defensive mid again too, would defo offer more protection than Davies&Gomes combined.

He had a very good first season, but hes just missed most of this 1.

Im not sure hes what we need.

Yes he would probably be our best winger, but its the lowest of bars.

Think he’s at the very least, the type of player that fits the system we were trying to play last season. Whether that’s what Ancelotti ultimately wants or if it was just his attempt at getting the most out of the current lot is yet to be seen.

If Gabriel signs, then I’d look to sell Mina. Keane’s homegrown, probably fetches less £ too. Mina’s just a total mess, always a mistake in him, always injured. That’s not to say I trust Keane as a starter...
I'd go along with if a CB had to go it has to be Mina. Seems to be injury prone and hasnt really produced any great form for us. If we can get near to what we paid for him that would be great
It's a very close call and personal choice. Don't think there is much between them. Mina has had a season disrupted by injuries so not played much. Keane is very limited with no pace. But he did play well in the lockdown games. For me if we have to lose one it's Mina for others Keane. I wouldn't.be bothered either way which tells you that I haven't been impressed much by either player

What the hell are people on about on here mina has been one of our best player this season.

Also as far as this injury prone crap goes mina has played 29 premier league games this season and Keane has played 31. In all competitions mina has played 33 and Keane 34. Anchelotti even came out and said the reason why mina and holgate got injured post lockdown was because the turn around during matches was too quick and players were being played in the red zone.

What the hell are people on about on here mina has been one of our best player this season.

Also as far as this injury prone crap goes mina has played 29 premier league games this season and Keane has played 31. In all competitions mina has played 33 and Keane 34. Anchelotti even came out and said the reason why mina and holgate got injured post lockdown was because the turn around during matches was too quick and players were being played in the red zone.
Neither player is very good, let’s be honest

We should sign Stones and play 3 at the back like Chelsea and Arsenal did yesterday . I think that formation would suit our best three players .. (Richarlison,Digne and Holgate)

I prefer my defenders to defend first and fanny about later. Playing out from the back is overrated and we over complicate it. A competent level of distribution is needed and transition, but defend first, it doesn’t need huge levels of technical ability. After Martínez, Silva I think playing out from the back isn’t the effective approach people like to think it is. In fact it’s becoming out dated with the high press, in my opinion.

The reason teams play out from the back thought is because of the high press, to beat the high press. Your supposed to play out from the back draw the press in then either put a ball in over the top to a runner or quick intricate passes round the opposition to break the lines.

Unfortunately for us we have idiots playing for us so we either draw the press then pickford puts it out for a throw in or passes it straight to the opposition. Then we have players like Keane, Coleman, gomes, sigurdsson, davies and mina who ether can't pass or won't pass it forward meaning we just pass it round the back till the press is too much and we pass it back to pickford. Used the right way playing out from the back is a very good way of playing but with the dross we have it doesn't look very good.

Anchelotti is concentrating on implementing a style of play for the future and those players I just mentioned won't be the players here to play it in the future but the team on the whole will benefit from us playing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.