Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one tweet is put up and now we believe it?:Blink:
If it said we're not going to sign anyone no one would believe it. We blues are a really weird bunch.

Would be crazy to go into the next season without a new GK, but be real, we aren't breaking any world records whatsoever.

Would be made up with hart if true. £32m for an excellent keeper for the next 7-8 years. Good business.

He'd be worth 10 points a season.

The old my mates is friends with the kit man( or works in the club shop) rumour We really are clutching at straws now

In my head (and i'm sure many other Evertonians), being taken over by a Billionaire would have been a bit sexier than it has been so far

In reality, it looks like pretty solid foundations are being set (established manager, respected head scout, rumours of a ground move etc)

I haven't really got a clue who's any good at togger anymore apart from the superstars - I just hope that we can unearth some exciting talent that makes supporting Everton even more enjoyable than it would be ordinarily

I trust Mr Koeman and Mr Walsh to scout and sign the best players needed for Everton Football Club - It's their job

It's my job to look at boring spreadsheets and drink tea - My hobby is watching Everton and experiencing the ups and down

Enjoy it - even if you have to take a step back - You're supposed to be enjoying this

Agreed, I was hoping for scenes of Moshiri driving around a gold plated Goodison Park in a chrome limo filled with showgirls flinging £50 notes at everything that moved and buying a dozen £20m players and smashing every team we played 10-0 BUT it looks like it is going to be much more workman like with real foundations set and care being taken in big decisions that will push this great club forward.
And that's fine by me!
The best way to look at it for me is to use a Star Wars analogy.
We are all wanting to enjoy being in the moment of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back (which will come) but before then we have to go through The Phantom Menace period of setting it all up! Dull and uninteresting but ultimately very important to build up to the proper excitement.
In Moshiri and Kenobi we trust!

Status
Not open for further replies.