Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Bruno Martins-Indi rumour which has been bubbling in the background for a while doesn't quite make sense to me

He's a left-footed centre back (or an emergency left back).

We already have Funes Mori in this role.

I don't think I've ever seen two left-footed centre backs play together as a partnership. Given that there are fewer left-footed players knocking about, the centre backs always play on the left side of a partnership. Unless we were selling Funes Mori (not impossible I guess), I couldn't see this one happening.

And hes been poor at Porto.

Have to say I'm disappointed we haven't managed to get a single one of these 'big' signings over the line. So much hyperbole early on and in the transfer market we have definitely underwhelmed.

Only the fans built it up though mate so really we only have ourselves to blame.

It's frustrating, but if people just take a mental step back (not to go all Stewart Pearson here) and add a bit of balance, there's clearly factors outside of our control in play.

I think it's a positive that we're in for these players and that they haven't turned us down, but equally so it's perfectly understandable that given their qualities other clubs will be interested, or they would rather stay at their current CL clubs... We'll just have to see.

None of our reported 'big' targets have moved to other clubs yet, or even committed their futures to the clubs they are at currently, which people writing this window off are conveniently ignoring.

We'll have alternatives lined up, but there's no reason we shouldn't be holding out for our no.1 targets as those are the players that will improve us.

It's just my opinion mate but I can't see Martins-Indi being an alternative to somebody like Williams.

Williams brings proven quality, experience, leadership, organisation etc.

Indi is still a young player, who has a lot of potential but is far from the finished article, but like Koulibaly is a big powerful lad with a bit of pace about him.

One is amazing and one is poor for Porto though...makes no sense

One is amazing and one is poor for Porto though...makes no sense

Indi has struggled at times but has a lot of talent mate and potential. It may well just be a rumour with no legs in it, or it could be an alternative to Koulibaly. It's likely that the alternatives to our no.1 targets won't be as good, hence holding out as long as we deem possible for our no.1 targets...

Indi has struggled at times but has a lot of talent mate and potential. It may well just be a rumour with no legs in it, or it could be an alternative to Koulibaly. It's likely that the alternatives to our no.1 targets won't be as good, hence holding out as long as we deem possible for our no.1 targets...

Personally think Indi is dreadful...liked the look of him at the WC but then realised he was gash and Porto fans want him out asap.

It would be the equivilent of Man United missing out on Pogba and instead signing Clev or Gibson...massive from from Koulibaly.

This Bruno Martins-Indi rumour which has been bubbling in the background for a while doesn't quite make sense to me

He's a left-footed centre back (or an emergency left back).

We already have Funes Mori in this role.

I don't think I've ever seen two left-footed centre backs play together as a partnership. Given that there are fewer left-footed players knocking about, the centre backs always play on the left side of a partnership. Unless we were selling Funes Mori (not impossible I guess), I couldn't see this one happening.

Back three mate, could have Williams, Mori and BMI, although that is worrying

Only the fans built it up though mate so really we only have ourselves to blame.

It's frustrating, but if people just take a mental step back (not to go all Stewart Pearson here) and add a bit of balance, there's clearly factors outside of our control in play.

I think it's a positive that we're in for these players and that they haven't turned us down, but equally so it's perfectly understandable that given their qualities other clubs will be interested, or they would rather stay at their current CL clubs... We'll just have to see.

None of our reported 'big' targets have moved to other clubs yet, or even committed their futures to the clubs they are at currently, which people writing this window off are conveniently ignoring.

We'll have alternatives lined up, but there's no reason we shouldn't be holding out for our no.1 targets as those are the players that will improve us.

While i do agree to a point, all of our number 1 targets (presumably) are still at their clubs, not committed or moved elsewhere. I do kinda feel that we are probably holding out to detriment to the squad moving forward.

Say for example we still don't know where we are a day from deadline day, and we start panicking and moving down the list of targets fast, clubs will hold us over a barrel and we know we will have wasted time waiting for players.

We should, as a club put a limit on the time we are willing to wait and then move down our list, otherwise i do fear we will be in a position on deadline day scurrying around trying to put players into the squad.

We should hold out for who we want, but we shouldn't be held to ransom and wait longer then we have to, if they aren't coming close the book and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.