Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope we dont do that. The sell on % would have been reflected in the original sale price, and for clubs like Barnsley, its more than a few bob.

And if we said we would lob them a wedge if/when he is sold on, then we should do. Not muck them about.

Theres sadly very little room for sentiment in big business and football is very big business.

No one deals with people that do not honour contracts.

Fact.

I didnt suggest we wouldnt honour the contract, I just said we might get creative, I know I would.

Thats a different manner entirely. However, if you push it too far it can damage our reputation.

I'm sure we can creatively minimise the cost to us. But anything more than 1 or 2% is going to cause reputational damage to the club.

Which in the long term is more important to us.

We are in the business of image and our reputation. Particularly in player trading.

Theres sadly very little room for sentiment in big business and football is very big business.

Maybe not.

But one way or another we need to show a tidy profit on him. If that profit includes the value of a new player as part of the deal, then Barnsley are entitled to their agreed cut.

If we welch on that, then good luck with any future business from lower/foreign leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.