Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

It really isn't

It's full of very good players who were victims of a tactically inept manager

Mikey, our first XI is still lacking in key areas.

A quality goalkeeper.

A 'dominating centre back and centre mid' - we still can't defend crosses. I was at the game on Saturday and honestly it was embarrassing at times.

Depending how RK sets up, a playmaker may not be as much of an issue, but the other three positions certainly are.

This window needs to be used to upgrade the starting XI, with the current players we have as starters who really shouldn't be guaranteed a place becoming the squad players.

Koeman likes to change his system from game to game as well, so they'll all get game time. But bringing in more squad players isn't the answer and won't push us on.

BTW, if push came to shove and the side starting vs Spurs was:

Robles

Coleman
Stones
Jags
Baines

McCarthy
Barry
Barkley

Del
Lukaku
Kev

Then yes I'd be confident in that team getting a victory. But, over a season I don't think it would be strong enough and there's certainly areas that need to be improved.

I swear a lot of you think we're in talks with Witsel, Carvalho & Koulibaly but no one else. If they fall through, whatever, we're probably talking to about 10-15 players that aren't in the paper.
I'd imagine we are talking to a list of players varying on quality. for arguments sake koulababy is top defender but have our options open for a scott dan or ashley williams if need be.

Personally i think a lot of our targets may be 2nd or 3rd in the lists rather than our top ones. Harder to sell the ambition of the club with nothing to back it up.

My Burnley supporting mate says he's proper quality, no idea how much he'd cost though. If we we're to go for an injury prone striker from Saints I think I'd rather Charlie Austin.
Is he still as good after losing 18 months of his career though? Might have a big effect on him. I'm sure Koeman would have brought him otherwise.

Our First XI, when in form, is one of the best in the League

If we put out a team of Robles, Coleman, Stones, Jags, Baines, Del, Besic, Barry, Mirallas, Barkley and Lukaku out against Spurs opening day, I'd expect us to be in with an excellent shout of winning

The problem is some of those players may leave and some may get injured/suspended

What we need are players of similar or better skill level who we can plug in to the team if required

We can get those at any point in July or August

We definately need them like, no question about that, but I'm not fretting about our first XI in the interim

If we end the window without getting them, I won't be happy, but now as of the 25th July, I'm not really bothered

I'm very calm actually

Gunna be a big week, Unsure if we need the big time charlie type players, I think with a few unearthed Gems and a sprinkle of star dust. Koeman will have us playing better. He has given us three years, This window doesnt have to be the be all and end all. I really would like Carvalho and Kailabaly ?!? maybe a Shane Long type hard working Cf to compliment Rom and a Left sided midfielder a la Pienaar. I think with that and our own Youth lads coming through we would be awesome.
Net spend £ 40-50 million (after stones) lets face it ...he's prolly gone :(

Our First XI, when in form, is one of the best in the League

If we put out a team of Robles, Coleman, Stones, Jags, Baines, Del, Besic, Barry, Mirallas, Barkley and Lukaku out against Spurs opening day, I'd expect us to be in with an excellent shout of winning

The problem is some of those players may leave and some may get injured/suspended

What we need are players of similar or better skill level who we can plug in to the team if required

We can get those at any point in July or August

We definately need them like, no question about that, but I'm not fretting about our first XI in the interim

If we end the window without getting them, I won't be happy, but now as of the 25th July, I'm not really bothered

I'm very calm actually

Well put mate.

I agree on that but do think we need three/four quality players in that guarantee improvement on what we currently have rather than 'just as good', IMO.

Mikey, our first XI is still lacking in key areas.

A quality goalkeeper.

A 'dominating centre back and centre mid' - we still can't defend crosses. I was at the game on Saturday and honestly it was embarrassing at times.

Depending how RK sets up, a playmaker may not be as much of an issue, but the other three positions certainly are.

This window needs to be used to upgrade the starting XI, with the current players we have as starters who really shouldn't be guaranteed a place becoming the squad players.

Koeman likes to change his system from game to game as well, so they'll all get game time. But bringing in more squad players isn't the answer and won't push us on.

BTW, if push came to shove and the side starting vs Spurs was:

Robles

Coleman
Stones
Jags
Baines

McCarthy
Barry
Barkley

Del
Lukaku
Kev

Then yes I'd be confident in that team getting a victory. But, over a season I don't think it would be strong enough and there's certainly areas that need to be improved.

Not sure it's fair to say we can't defend crosses when we had two kids playing in the middle and not-a-right-back Tom Davies on. Our biggest issue last season wasn't defending the ball into the box it was stopping the delivery which was down to absolutely shocking tactics by the manager. Leicester let tons of crosses into their box because they had Huth/Morgan; if we have Stones and Jags the full-backs need to be told to block crosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.