Everton Supporting Campaign to Kick Homophobia out of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 28206

Stonewall & gay footy players

Are they using this as a Pun? ( genuinely asking if this is a slight pun or not)

Paddy-Powers-Right-Behind-008.jpg

Good to see Joey Barton supporting it too,

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/sep/16/paddy-power-ads-homophobia-football

I think everyone should just leave them alone and stop hounding them. If they don't wanna come out leave them to it ffs. If they did, they'd probs get ripped for a couple of weeks and then everyone would forget about it coz let's face it MOST people don't hate people for being gay anymore. Except the muslims of course x x

But why is it that gay people need people to know they are gay.

If i was gay, and was asked the question, then id say "yes i was", but dont feel I would have to fly a bloody flag about it. During a match you would have some idiots in the crowed giving you stick, but surely you would have enough wit to think to yourself "why would I care what a few little rats think about gay people, and my bank account statements would crush you"?

I personally dont understand why its such a big deal on both sides?

There is a not single person I work with, who I don't know are hetrosexual.

Within five minutes of talking to them, they mention a girlfriend or a wife or point out a good looking women. Sex and relationships, is literally 60% of workplace conversation, in my experience.

If you're gay and you don't want it out there, you have to lie every day of your life, when ever somebody asks if you fancy that girl or if you've got a grilfriend or whatever.

Gays talk about the fact they're gay much much less than straights talk about being straight.

Genuine qustion here lads. With the increase in Muslims in the English leagues, players and fans, do we think that their beliefs could be harder to tackle than our own?

I believe that the general English public now are far more relaxed about homosexuality, to the point where if a footballer came out now, i would genuinely be a bit 'so what'.

Is this action going far enough by trying to educate 'the football fan' or does the homophobia now come from deeper places than a 'male dominated society' mentality. Would it be too difficult for these associations within football to tackle religious beliefs or would that be better left to a much wider authority?

If i was gay, and was asked the question, then id say "yes i was", but dont feel I would have to fly a bloody flag about it. During a match you would have some idiots in the crowed giving you stick, but surely you would have enough wit to think to yourself "why would I care what a few little rats think about gay people, and my bank account statements would crush you"?

I personally dont understand why its such a big deal on both sides?
I think they're to be used in an "awareness campaign" much the same way as the kick racism out t-shirts.

Genuine qustion here lads. With the increase in Muslims in the English leagues, players and fans, do we think that their beliefs could be harder to tackle than our own?

I believe that the general English public now are far more relaxed about homosexuality, to the point where if a footballer came out now, i would genuinely be a bit 'so what'.

Is this action going far enough by trying to educate 'the football fan' or does the homophobia now come from deeper places than a 'male dominated society' mentality. Would it be too difficult for these associations within football to tackle religious beliefs or would that be left to a much wider authority?

No we'd probably just ban homosexuality so as not to offend them.

I honest to god do not think it would be an issue these days. In fact, and please dont take this the wrong way, I think if a player came out as openly gay, there would be 5 minutes of interest, then utter disinterest. I just cannot imagine crowds making the sort of chants and stuff that black players copped years back, as being gay is just not of interest to anyone these days.

If anything, being the first to break cover could mean that player being seen as the coolest player around.

It was an open secret in rugby circles that Alfie Thomas was gay. Massive shrug of collective shoulders all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.