Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were examples off the top of my head. Nbombele for £54m or Naby Keita for £54m if you want to go more recent.
No I know what you’re saying but like I said we seem to do it with almost every signing. Since Liverpool signed Keita we’ve had iwobi kean Delph Gomes gbamin and that’s being kind leaving out some others who probably aren’t any better than keita but are acceptable to us. We’ve had a massive list of transfer failures over the last five or six years and it’s been worse than most teams there’s no point denying it it’s just the truth.

I am not too sure where to put this post about the man that cannot be named…. Do we still pay wages whilst suspended?
Surely we should be looking to get people off our books / wages so we can invest in players who will play for the club..
He’s not been charged with anything so of course we still pay his wages

It’s still the 3rd highest net over the last 5 years. Obviously if some one gets sold for £50m+ that will drop us down the table rapidly.
problem we have we don’t have too many in that bracket and losing one would be a major blow, unlike Chelsea for example who can easily dispense with Hazard or Costa to balance their books
Still doesnt hide the fact our net spend is nowhere near the rate of spend from the 2 clubs ( Chelsea & City ) to break through the glass ceiling to get where they wanted.
Our top signing is still Sigurdsson at 40 mil , how many 40+mil players do the other clubs have in their squads ?

We're not in the same ballpark.

He’s not been charged with anything so of course we still pay his wages
Completely understand and again not sure where this can be discussed but:

1. how long do these things take to be charged or not to be charged, that is the question
2. Why do EFC lose out paying 100k+ per week until anything is decided

Just thinking that all of this could free up funds for any new incomings which we are desperate for instead of having players on our books who cannot play for us and yet we still pay for

Status
Not open for further replies.